Board of Governors
Partner: Disciplined Advisors Group
Appointed: August 02, 2012 email@example.com
Owner/Operator of Chick-Fil-A Beckley
Appointed: March 02, 2016
Principal Whitethorn Elementary School
Appointed: March 02, 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
Member: Arnett Carbis Toothman Wealth Advisors LLC
Appointed: August 14, 2013 bill.mckee@ACTWealthadv.com
Member: Jackson Kelly PLLC
Appointed: October 18, 2011 Reappointed: September 26, 2014
Classified Staff Representative
Information Systems Specialist
Appointed: April 04, 2017
Regional Territory Manager: eLab Testing Solutions
Appointed: September 04, 2009
Reappointed: August 14, 2013
General Counsel: City Holding Company
Cross Lanes, WV
Appointed: December 28, 2008
Reappointed: September 26, 2014
Associate Professor of English at Concord University
Elected: November 2013 Reelected: July 1, 2015
Appointed: January 14, 2011
Reappointed: March 02, 2016
President & Owner: Ellerbee Environmental + Technical
Appointed: September 23, 2009
Reappointed: August 14, 2013 email@example.com
Ms. Catherina (Medaglia Goncalves dos) Santos
Student Government Association Representative
Elected: November 30, 2016
Board membership guidelines & terms are established by the WV Legislature.
They are as follows:
WV Code, Chapter 18B, Article 2A States:
- A fulltime member of the Faculty with the rank of instructor or above duly elected by the Faculty.
- A Member of the Student Body in good academic standing, enrolled for college credit work and duly elected by the Student Body.
- A member of the Classified Employees duly elected by the Classified Employees.
- Nine Lay Members appointed by the Governor, of which no more than five may be from the same political party and at least five must be residents of the state.
- The Student Member serves for a term of one year. Each term begins July 1.
- The Faculty Member serves for a term of two years. Each term begins July 1. Faculty Members are eligible to succeed themselves for three additional terms, not to exceed a total of eight years.
- The Classified Member serves a term of two years. Each term begins July 1. Classified Members are eligible to succeed themselves for three additional terms, not to exceed a total of eight consecutive years.
- The Appointed Lay Members serve terms of four years each and are eligible to succeed themselves for no more than one additional term, except when they are appointed to fill unexpired terms. When Lay Members are appointed to fill unexpired terms, they are eligible to succeed themselves for two full terms after completing the unexpired term.
*Additional information may be found at: http://www.legis.state.wv.us/. WV Code, Chapter 18B, Article 2A.