Division of Languages & Literature
One-hour courses are designed to focus on major authors, genres, themes, or literary movements. They allow for focused intense study, often in the specific research area of the instructor.
Three Special Topics Mini-courses may be substituted for English 203 or 204 (NOT both).
- Two or more course with identical course titles cannot be used for substitution purposes.
- ENGL 203A used for ENGL 203; ENGL 204A used for ENGL 204; ENGL 207A used for either ENGL 203 or ENGL 204
NOTE: Both ENGL 203 and 204 are required for B.A. English and B.S. Education in English majors.
- American Indian Literature Flyer
- Introduction to Film
- Contemporary Gothic Novels Flyer
- Major Tragedies of Shakespeare Flyer
- Keats Flyer
- Fielding & Richardson
- The Victorian Novel
- Recent Appalachian Fiction Flyer
- Cinema & The Spanish Civil War Flyer
- Film: World Westerns Flyer (pdf)
- Neo-victorian & Steam Punk Literature
- Madness Flyer (pdf)
- Independent Films
- Major Plays of John Webster Flyer (pdf)
- Gothic Women Writers
- Oscar Wilde Flyer (pdf)
- Steinbeck Flyer (pdf)
- US Latino Literature and Culture Flyer (pdf)
- Literary Theory: Semiotics Flyer (pdf)
- American Realism Flyer (pdf)
- Hispanic Culture Through Film Flyer (pdf)