CONCORD COLLEGE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Policy No. 9
The Role of Part-time Classified Employees
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 17, 2003
TITLE: The Role of Part-time Classified Employees at Concord College
APPROVED BY: Concord College Board of Governors
WV Higher Education Policy Commission
The Concord College Board of Governors endorses the long-time institutional philosophy that institutional responsibilities are best fulfilled with a core of full-time classified employees. Classified employees have primary employment with Concord College, and have responsibilities constituting full-time employment.
There is no precise mathematical formula to determine the appropriate number of full-time and part-time classified employees as defined in Series 8. The following operating principles should continue until the Staff Council can discuss these matters and their recommendations considered by the Board of Governors before November 15, 2003.
- Part-time classified employees will expand the full-time classified employees by offering additional existing services or may enhance the depth and breadth of full-time classified employees by offering additional services.
- Part-time classified employees will not be hired solely to avoid the payment of benefits or in lieu of full-time employees.
- Qualified full-time classified employees with nine-month or ten-month contracts will have first opportunity to accept part-time or full-time summer employment.
- Part-time classified employees will have appropriate expertise.
- Part-time classified employees will be evaluated as appropriate.
Created on Jun 17, 2009. Report incorrect information.