Admissions Requirements


Applicants are to submit the following with their Admission Application

  • Official high school transcripts with an overall grade-point average of 2.0

Complete the required high school units listed below:

  • 4 English (including courses in grammar, composition, and literature)
  • 3 Social Studies (including U.S. History)
  • 4 Mathematics (three units must be Algebra I and higher)
  • 3 Science (all courses to be college preparatory and each course to include a laboratory. Courses might include biology, chemistry, physics, etc.)
  • 1 Art
  • 2 Foreign Language (Two units of the same foreign language)

Submit one of the following:

Score reports must be sent directly from the testing agency or appear on the official high school transcript

Definition of Student Applicant Types

  • Freshman: a student who has earned a high school diploma and has never attended college or who has taken college courses as a high school student for college credit.
  • Home-Schooled: a student who has earned their secondary school education through home schooling and has never attended college or who has taken college courses as a home-schooled student for college credit.
  • Transfer: a student who has earned a high school diploma or G.E.D. and completed some college courses.
  • International: a student who is not a citizen of the United States.
  • Re-admission: a student who has attended Concord University yet has been absent from the university for one (1) semester or more.
  • Veteran: a student who has served in the United States Armed Forces.
  • Non-Traditional: a student who has earned a high school diploma or GED and has never attended college and has been out of school for five (5) or more years.
  • Non-Degree Seeking: a student taking baccalaureate courses but does not intend to pursue a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or fulfill prerequisites for a particular Concord University degree program.
  • GED: a student who has earned the General Educational Development diploma and has never attended college.
    • GED diploma - the student must attain a standard score of 45 on each of the five parts of the GED test, or have an average standard score of 50 or above on the entire test
    • ACT composite score of 18 or above
    • SAT I score of 870 (critical reading and mathematics score combined) or above
      Score reports must be sent directly from the testing agency.


Interested in housing? More than 1,000 students live in six residence halls featuring community living areas and suites. All residential housing facilities are wired for cable television and Internet. Lounges and public areas are also hot spots for wireless connections. Housing facilities include Woodell (200 male students), Wilson (210 female students), North and South Towers (330 male students in South Tower and 330 female students in North Tower), Sarvay (80 students co-ed) and Mill Street (22 co-ed students) Residence Halls. The Office of Housing and Residence Life offers special housing areas including substance free and Greek floors. Residence Halls include study lounges, television lounges, kitchens and laundry facilities. The Dining Services offers 3 different meals plans for residential students. Commuter students may purchase a meal plan through the University dining services.

Students who have applied for a residence hall room will be receiving room assignments through the mail. If you have not completed your room reservation application, do so as soon as possible to ensure yourself a place to stay on campus. For your room reservation to be processed, you must complete the room reservation form and send a $50 housing deposit to the Office of Housing and Residence Life, Campus Box D-129, PO Box 1000, Athens, WV 24712. The housing application is available at

Interested in Financial Aid?

Now is the time to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Remember to include Concord's federal school code - 003810. Questions? Please contact the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at 1-888-384-5249 or 1-800-344-6679, Ext. 6069.