Concord University Students of Excellence Summer Academy
E Tenebris Lux Out of Darkness, Light
Motto of Summer Academy
The Students of Excellence Summer Academy offers southern West Virginia rising senior’s from local area high schools of Princeton, Athens, and surrounding regions an opportunity to achieve success at the college level to make connections with leaders in medicine.
The goal of the Academy is to educate, demonstrate, and create students to have a better understanding of college life, plus the importance and need for strong public service leaders. Concord University Bonner Scholar's participate in the Academy serving as examples to demonstrate and teach the need for community service and the dedication needed to public service as future leaders.
There’s NO COST for Academy attendees. Lunch, supplies and all daily activates are all provided. Academy Attendees opting to participate after their high school graduation and attending Concord for their intended education are guaranteed a scholarship award and earn one (1) hour of college credit if successfully completing the academy.
Successful applicants must:
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0, which includes courses, geared for future college attendance in one of the areas of medicine, business, media, or education. Students must be interested in the field of medicine.
- At the time of application: finishing junior year of high school
- Be capable of academic work: working independently and participating in team-based activities
- Be willing to follow the tenets in the Academy Honor Code
Interested candidates need to submit:
- Student Registration Form (pdf)
- Signed Honor Code (pdf)
- Statement of Permission (pdf)
- 250 word essay written by the student based on their interest of medicine.
- Document from your guidance counselor stating a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
For additional information, please contact
Andrea L. Tabor, Associate Director of Admissions
Concord University, Campus Box D-127, PO Box 1000, Athens, WV 24712