Campus Box D-127
PO Box 1000
Athens, WV 24712-1000
Contact Financial Aid
Campus Box D-120
PO Box 1000
Athens, WV 24712-1000
Consider Our Points of Pride...
- Concord University has students enrolled from all 55 West Virginia counties.
- Concord University’s mock trial team placed fourth in the Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity’s National Conference and Mock Trial Competition in Washington, D.C. in Nov. 2012.
- Concord University has the 3rd largest enrollment of international students in West Virginia for public institutions. (Open Doors International Exchange 2013)
- Concord University student Heather Frazier received first prize for the best paper presented at the Twentieth Annual West Virginia Literature Symposium for Undergraduate Students held in March 2012.
- Concord University’s Athletic Training Education Program quiz bowl team was named runner-up in competitions at the 2012 West Virginia Athletic Trainers Association (WVATA) Annual Conference.
- Concord University was ranked number one in Military Times EDGE, Best for Vets: Colleges 2011.
- Concord University was ranked among the top in the 2013 edition of U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” in the “baccalaureate colleges (south)” category.
- Concord University was the only West Virginia institution listed in the Top 30 of “Colleges That Offer Small Classes on a Budget” in the November 30, 2009 edition of U.S. News & World Report.
- Concord was number 13 in a nationwide ranking by The Wall Street Journal (10-03-03) of best undergraduate public colleges and universities for admission of their alumni to the nation's most selective graduate schools.
- One of the highest graduation rates for student-athletes in the NCAA II 18 member West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WVIAC)
- Concord University was selected as a College of Distinction by Student Horizons, Inc. (The Colleges of Distinction Guidebook 2007 – 2008 edition)
- Concord is the only public university in the country selected to participate in the prestigious Bonner Scholars Program, which fosters citizenship and service among students and graduates.
- Concord University’s mock trial team placed third in the Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity’s National Conference and Mock Trial Competition in Washington, D.C. in Nov. 2009.
- Most credentialed faculty of any public institution of higher education in the state of West Virginia. (Source WVHEPC)
- Dr. Lauri L. Reidmiller, Concord University assistant professor of art, was selected as the West Virginia Higher Education Art Educator of the Year.
- According to a methodological ACT survey, Concord graduates are twice as likely to earn $50,000 per year as graduates of peer institutions in the nation. (Source: American College Testing Program Survey, 8-01)
- Concord University was selected by The Princeton Review as one of the “best in the southeast”. (The Princeton Review 2013 edition)
- Concord Accounting graduates have the highest combined CPA pass rate among West Virginia institutions.
- The West Virginia Society of CPA’s recently announced that the recipient of the Top Outstanding Accounting Senior Award was Concord University student Whitney Boles.
- Concord was listed in the top 10 of colleges that “flourish in a rural setting” in the U.S. (Christian Science Monitor, November 13, 2007)
- Concord University has been selected as one of America’s Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities by Military Advanced Education Magazine and G.I. Jobs Magazine.
- Concord University has the 4th largest enrollment of international students in West Virginia for both public and private institutions. (Open Doors International Exchange 2010)