Frequently Asked Questions About the Alumni Directory Project
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Concord University. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a 30 year-old company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Concord University to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Concord University has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
- a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Concord University for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
- b. The Directory will be made available only to alumni of Concord University listed in the Directory. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Concord University any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Concord University or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Concord University project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for the Concord University alumni is 1-866-509-2051.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1.800.395.4724.
4. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Concord University alumni Directory is available for sale only to Concord University alumni.
5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in May of 2012, the directories will be distributed in May of 2013.
6. I ordered a package containing the Companion Airline Voucher, but I haven’t received the post card requesting verification of my address.
For those who purchase a package containing the Companion Airline Voucher, they will receive a postcard within 2 -3 weeks and will direct them to go to the PCI website to initiate the voucher process by entering their ID # and order # (shown on the postcard) and verify their mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call a toll free number (also shown on the postcard) and leave a voicemail to initiate the voucher process.
After verifying your address you will receive a tri-fold voucher so you can begin to make your travel arrangements.
- Basics of the voucher program:
- Book one flight through the voucher issuing travel agency and get a second companion ticket on that flight for free
- The Voucher is:
- Good for up to one year
- Good for domestic travel within the contiguous 48 states
- Good on 18 different airlines
- Black out dates do apply
7. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1.800.395.4724) or to the Alumni Office.
8. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.395.4724, and they will take care of this for you.