Help Concord and meet new people - Volunteer!
Concord alumni and friends are vital to the University. Volunteers can assist with alumni chapters, career networking, reunions, student referrals, greeters, office and mailing support, and much more. Please consider a donation of your time and talents to the following programs:
There are approximately nine Concord alumni chapters or affiliations:
- Pine Trees (Southern West Virginia and Southwestern Virginia Counties) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beckley/Raleigh County, WV
- Kanawha Valley, WV
- North Carolina
- Yankee (Northern States - NY, NJ, DE, MA, PA, CT...) email@example.com
- Northern VA
- Roanoke/New River Valley
- FL Suncoast
- Orlando, FL Affiliation
We are also seeking volunteers to assist in starting new organizations.
Through chapter involvement you can
- Recruit new Concord students and/or fund a scholarship from your area.
- Enjoy career networking or mentoring opportunities.
- Welcome other alumni moving to the area.
- Conduct projects that benefit Concord and/or your community.
- Attend social and educational events.
Each Alumni Weekend, Concord hosts 25 & 50-year reunions.
At Homecoming, we invite 25 & 50-year reunion football players and Homecoming Queens.
We often hold special reunions for sororities, fraternities, clubs, or other organizations.
The Alumni Office can assist with your reunion plans. A joint effort will be made with the following activities:
- Writing invitations or reminder letters to classmates
- Calling and/or e-mailing your classmates to encourage their attendance
- Locating lost members of your class
You can assist alumni and students in finding internships, career mentoring, and job opportunities. Our career services department will assist you in helping to share your expertise.
You can help by:
- Serving as a contact for your company or organization
- Mentoring students or recent alumni
- Attending Career Day activities on campus
- Providing job leads to Career Services
- Promoting off-campus recruiting for prospective employees
- Hosting interns
- Participating in seminars or workshops
Alumni and friends of Concord are very valuable in expanding awareness and interest among prospective students. Referring students is an important activity that alumni and friends are uniquely qualified to undertake! By sharing your Concord experience, you continue the tradition of a quality education that helped provide your start in life.
Are you willing to share your Concord experience with others?
Are you willing to attend or organize events in your area on behalf of Concord?
Do you enjoy talking to high school students and their parents?
What kind of things are volunteers asked to do?
- Work at a College Fair
- Host a reception
- Recommend a student
Alumni and friends are encouraged to help welcome guests during our many events both on and off campus. We appreciate the additional support and friendly face of anyone willing to help with a registration table or visit briefly with guests as they arrive.
Office and Mailing Support
As a small office with a big workload, volunteers to assist with Alumni Office work and mailings are always appreciated.
Active and caring alumni are vital to the strength of Concord University. Your help is valuable and appreciated.