Project Manager/Business Analyst (New York City, NY)
The following new job is available in the Financial Information Services Agency of the City of New York.
PROJECT MANAGER / BUSINESS ANALYST
JOB ID# 225257
COMPUTER SYSTEMS MANAGER, M1
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ click on Advanced Search, then scroll down to Agency, Select FINANCIAL INFORMATION SVCS, then click on Search to get the list of jobs and Select the one you want to apply to.
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Project Manager/Business Analyst to support system enhancements and production issues related to the online client facing application, interfaces, and associated transactions between the City's Timekeeping (CityTime), Payroll (PMS), and HR and Benefits (NYCAPS) systems for the Police Department and other Uniform Services. This individual will be working with the development, systems analyst, and testing teams to; manage, determine, document, design, and implement enhancements that are needed for the online application, interfaces between the systems, the associated transactions, and processing of the transactions by the different systems.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• Technical as well as business knowledge and experience with the CityTime, PMS, and NYCAPS systems; their interfaces, and associated transaction processing.
• Experience in timekeeping in a Police Department or other Uniform Agency.
• Extensive experience creating business/functional requirements and system design documents that provide logical and creative solutions to complex problems. Hands-on activities must include: Decomposing business requirements into detail designs that may cover items such as: functional and framework features, configurations, business rules, and interface file layouts.
• Experience in a project manager or lead analyst position with responsibilities for planning and organizing work, develop short- and long range plans to meet business objectives, and bring subject matter expertise to business interactions and improvement recommendations.
• Business analysts experience with payroll systems or timekeeping systems.
• Demonstrated experience for meeting deadlines by mitigating risks, managing multiple projects simultaneously, recommending process improvements and making decisions.
• Ability to translate functional and technical requirements into common business terms.
• Proven experience in designing or configuring systems to meet business processes and relational databases and table structure.
• Demonstrated analytical, written communication, verbal communication, facilitation, organizational and leadership skills required.
• Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide management status updates.
• Experience using MS Office 2010 and later; including Project and Visio required.
To Apply: External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 225257. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Hours/Shift: Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Residency Requirement: New York City Residency is not required for this position.