Chapter Executive Director (Morgantown, WV)
Chapter Executive Director
National Hemophilia Foundation - Morgantown, WV
The National Hemophilia Foundation is dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for inheritable bleeding disorders and to preventing the complications of these disorders through education, advocacy and research. Established in 1948, we are based in New York City with chapters throughout the country. NHF’s programs and initiatives are made possible through the generosity of individuals, corporations and foundations as well as through a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
NHF Is now looking for a Chapter Executive Director to join our team and lead our West Virginia Chapter. Based in Morgantown, WV the Chapter Executive Director is responsible for directing the daily work activities of the chapter. This person provides the overall staff leadership and is accountable for the successful execution of chapter programs, policies and procedures to ensure a viable and sustainable chapter in the execution of the chapter mission. The Chapter Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the effective utilization of the organization’s financial and human resources. This is the most senior staff position reporting jointly to the NHF and the chapter’s Advisory Board of Directors.
To qualify for this unique opportunity, our ideal candidate should have the following skills, education and experience:
- At least three years nonprofit leadership or management experience including program operations and financial management.
- Experienced and successful fundraiser.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required in business, health or relevant field.
- Broad knowledge of and strong commitment to the chapter’s mission.
- Financial expertise in operational budgeting and fiscal reporting.
- Ability to effectively communicate as spokesperson and work with diverse populations.
- Requires exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with strategic planning and implementation, directing and managing staff/volunteers, program development and project management.
- Proficiency in computers and technology.
- Ability to travel and work some nights and weekends.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The programs and initiatives of the National Hemophilia Foundation are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. NHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect. In order to attract and retain a high performance workforce, we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment, an excellent benefit package and salary that is commensurate with industry standards. If you are interested this opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Non-Profit leadership/development: 3 years