WAYS YOU CAN GIVE
You may donate
- Art, cash, check, securities, salable real estate, life insurance, personal property
- You may make direct gifts to the Foundation to support endowed scholarships, capital projects, campus improvements, faculty awards, athletics or the University Endowment.
Consider a Tribute Gift
- You can make a gift supporting any area of Concord University in memory of or in honor of a teacher, student, relative, friend, individual, memorable time of your life or for any admirable reason you would like. These gifts will be administered as you direct or, if not specified, will be added to the General Unrestricted Fund.
Contribute to an Existing Fund
- A contribution of any size for the charitable needs of the campus community can be placed in the General Unrestricted Fund or in a scholarship or other established fund that meets your purpose in granting.
Create Your Own Fund
- A gift of $10,000 or more, which may be paid over the span of five years, permits the creation of a perpetual endowed fund, with your selected name and charitable purpose. These individual funds are accounted for separately under the umbrella of the Foundation and the proceeds are paid out as determined by the Concord University Foundation, pursuant to the guidelines you specify. Please contact the Foundation Office if creating your own named designated fund would meet your charitable needs.
Leave Your Legacy to CU
- You can specify a certain dollar amount or designate the Foundation as a residuary or contingent beneficiary of your estate free of estate and inheritance taxes.
Contribute by Giving Stock Gifts
- You may give gifts of marketable stocks or mutual fund shares that have appreciated, which can have an immediate impact on your favorite Concord University program and can also create an immediate income tax deduction based on the assets’ current value.
Give with a Charitable Remainder Trust
- You can donate by designating a charitable remainder trust to be paid to the Concord University Foundation, which may be specified as an unrestricted gift or used to establish a new fund in the donor’s name. A charitable remainder trust pays the donor or a beneficiary designated by the donor to receive regular income payments for life or a specified trust term (up to 20 years) and whatever remains will be transferred to the Concord University Foundation. The donor receives an immediate tax deduction for the present value of the gift in the year the gift is made.
- You can multiply your generosity through your employer’s matching gift program. Ask your employer about their charitable matching program.
Payroll Deduction (for Concord University Employees)
- You may fill out a payroll deduction form to have a certain amount deducted from each paycheck to be used by the Concord University Foundation in the General Unrestricted Fund.
Online & Phone Giving
- If you want your donation applied toward a specific fund, please note that when giving online at http://www.concord.edu/cufoundationgiving
- We can also accept your credit card donation via telephone: Please call 304-384-6266.
Cash or Check Giving
- You can give by cash or check in person at University Point or you can mail your donation to the Concord University Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 1405 Athens, WV 24712-1405. Please include on the memo line or on a separate sheet of paper the designation of your gift (unrestricted, Mountain Lion Club, area of greatest need, a certain project, or a specific scholarship fund).
Shop Online at AmazonSmile
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Concord University Foundation whenever you shop at smile.amazon.com. This is “free money” for the Foundation! Please sign up next time you shop at Amazon.com.
Link Your Kroger Plus Rewards Card to the Foundation
- Log onto www.kroger.com/communityrewards and link your Kroger Plus card to the Concord University Foundation. Each time you shop at Kroger and use your card, money will be donated to the CU Foundation.
- Give a gift today! http://www.concord.edu/cufoundation/giving
- Planned Giving - Planned Giving Brochure
- Give Securities - Please contact our office at 304-384-6266.