Certificate in Reading Specialist Program Curriculum Summary
Certificate in Reading Specialist Program (24 hours)
Certification in Reading Specialist Program (Pre K-Adult)
- RDNG 510 Foundations of Reading 3 hrs.
- RDNG 520 Reading & Writing in Content Areas 3 hrs.
- RDNG 525 Literacy Research and Instruction for Culturally Diverse Students 3 hrs.
- RDNG 530 Reading Assessment 3 hrs.
- RDNG 550 Reading and Language Arts Instruction for the 21st Century 3 hrs.
- RDNG 560 Action Research in Reading Education 3 hrs.
- RDNG 570 Reading Practicum 6 hrs.
All candidates seeking an endorsement from WV BOE as a Reading Specialist are required to pass PRAXIS II: Reading Specialist subject assessment test. For more information regarding specific courses, please refer to the Academic Catalog.