Microsoft Exchange Support
Microsoft Exchange will soon become the primary email system for faculty and staff at CU. In addition to email, Exchange can provide calendars and scheduling, contacts, notes, task lists and uses a global address list for all CU employees. Exchange can be accessed by Apple/Mac systems as well as those running Windows, using either Microsoft Outlook on your computer or a Web browser using Outlook Web App. It can also be accessed by mobile devices like tablets and smartphones.
To login to Outlook Web App (webmail) go to http://exchange.concord.edu
To request your exchange account be created (if you have not already been contacted) contact the CU IT Helpdesk at 304-384-5291 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, you will be contacted when your account has been created (usually same day). You can use the tutorials below to connect Outlook to Exchange, copy your mail, calendar and contacts to your new account and setup your smartphone.
Webmail Only Users: If you do not use Outlook and only use webmail to manage your mail, you may use our email copy utility
to copy your mail and folders from your old email account over to Exchange.
Things you should know about using this copy utility:
- Make sure your Exchange account has been activated, see above.
- If you use Outlook it is recommended to use it to copy your mail to exchange, see the tutorials below.
- Calendars cannot be copied from webmail due to incompatability issues.
- Contacts are not copied, they can only be copied using Outlook, see tutorial below.
(if you only have a few contacts, just re-enter them in Web App)
- Address Book Groups cannot be copied, they will need to be re-created in Outlook Web App.
- Spam and Trash folders are not copied, if you need to copy mail messages from one of these folders,
move them into another folder before running the utility.
- Known Issues: On rare occasions the time and date may get changed on some messages to the date the utility was ran.
This is due to the sender using a non-standard email client which stores the time and date in the
message header in a format the copy utility cannot read, so the date is changed to the current date.
Also, some messages with extremely large attachments won't get copied, just logon and forward those
messages, use the email format email@example.com so the message forwards correctly.
NOTE: After running the utility, for record purposes, send IT Services an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating you
have finished copying your mail to exchange.
Download the email copy utility HERE, after downloading just double-click Mailcopy_Install.exe to start.
- How to Setup Outlook 2007 or 2010 with Exchange
- How to Import the Address Book from Old Webmail to Outlook 2007/2010 Contacts List
- How Do I Know What Type of Account I am Using with Outlook, Pop or Imap?
- How to Move Mail from an Outlook Imap Account to Exchange on Outlook 2007
- How to Move Mail from an Outlook POP Account to Exchange on Outlook 2007
- How to Move Mail from an Outlook Imap Account to Exchange on Outlook 2010
- How to Move Mail from an Outlook Pop Account to Exchange on Outlook 2010
For full functionality with Exchange, it is recommended to install Office 2011 and use Outlook 2011 (intel only)
Contact the helpdesk at x5291 to get Office 2011 installed
Entourage 2008 users must upgrade to the Web Services Edition for Exchange support Download upgrade here
Mac Mail supports Exchange starting with os version 10.6
- How to Setup Outlook 2011 with Exchange
- How to Import an Entourage 2008 Account into Outlook 2011
- How to Import the Address Book from Old Webmail to Outlook 2011 Contacts List
- How to Setup Exchange Account on an Android Phone
- How to Setup Exchange Account on an Iphone (also applies to the Ipad)
- How to Setup a Imap Account on a Blackberry Phone
Note: Blackberry phones do not support the full features of Microsoft Exchange, you must use a Imap connection.
For the settings to setup IMAP logon to Outlook Web App, click OPTIONS->SEE ALL OPTIONS->SETTINGS FOR
POP, IMAP and SMTP ACCESS, use the settings under IMAP setting for incoming and SMTP setting for outgoing.
Using Outlook Web App and Outlook 2010:
- Getting Started with Outlook Web App
- Using Outlook Web App Light
- Outlook Web App Layout of Features
- Basic Tasks in Outlook 2010
- Outlook Basics for Mac 2011
- Transitioning to Outlook 2010 Online Course