Concord University Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded in the Fall semester of each academic year (Fall semester August‑December/ Spring semester January‑May) and are awarded one time per academic year. Scholarships are divided equally between Fall and Spring semesters.
How to apply*
- Scholarships are awarded based on the information from the application for admissions.
- Students are automatically considered for merit scholarship with the completion of the
*Scholarships are awarded to first-time freshmen and transfer students.
Merit: $1,000 (Renewable) - 2.75 transferable college or university cumulative GPA
Virginia Community College: $4,000 (Renewable) - 2.75 transferrable GPA and an Associate's degree from any Virginia Community College
International Student Scholarships
Boy's and Girl's State: $500 (Non-renewable) - Recipient must of have attended his or her state's American Legion Boy's or Girl's State camp
Performing Arts: Amount varies - Recipient participating in the Concord University Fine Arts Programs including instrumental, vocal and theater (contact the Division of Fine Arts - open to all majors). Recipient must maintain good academic standing for renewal
Hugh O'Brian Scholarshp: $500 (Non-renewable) - Recipient must have attended the Hugh O’Brian Youth Foundation camp
Legacy Scholarship: $1,000 (Non-renewable) - Recipient must be a dependent of a Concord University graduate and have a 3.0 cumulative GPA and ACT (18) or SAT (950/870 old). Transfer recipient must have a 2.75 transferable college or university cumulative GPA
Criteria for Scholarship Renewal
Recipients must maintain full-time enrollment (12 hrs or more) and maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative Concord University GPA.
Scholarship opportunities requiring separate application:
- Beckley Area Foundation (Raleigh County undergraduate, incoming and returning students may apply)
- Bonner Scholars Program (Current and incoming students may apply)
- Concord University Foundation (All incoming and current students may apply)
- Division of Social Sciences Scholarships (Current students may apply)
- Division of Education Scholarship (Current students may apply)
- Promise Scholarship (Incoming West Virginia students only)
- Tuition Reduction Program (Incoming students may apply)