Building: Fine Arts, Room: M-03
Campus Box: F-50
Telephone #: 304-384-5303
E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Tuesday 12:15PM - 2:00PM, 5:00PM - 6:00PM
- Wednesday 3:00PM - 4:00PM
- Thursday 12:15PM - 2:00PM
- Ph.D. in Communication & Information Studies from the University of Kentucky in Lexington-2011;
- M.A. in Communication from Marshall University in Huntington, WV-1996;
- B.A. in Political Science from Marshall University in Huntington, WV-1993.
My research interests center around improving student satisfaction with online learning experiences and include interactivity, the Internet, computer-mediated-communication, communication technology use and effects, mass media effects, cognitive psychology, and educational psychology. My dissertation is entitled "Understanding Interactive Experiences: Perceived Interactivity and Presence with and without Other Avatars in the Online Virtual World Second Life." I am a member of the National Communication Association, the Public Relations Society of America and the West Virginia Public Relations Society of America.
My career includes a broad range of experiences in the academic and business worlds including working as a lobbyist, a political campaign manager, a marketing research analyst, a pharmaceutical sales representative, and a medical equipment sales executive. I have been teaching communication courses since 1994 at colleges and universities in West Virginia, Florida and Kentucky. I have also served as Director of Satellite Campuses for Concord University, as Program Coordinator for an Inside Washington Academic Seminar, and as Director of Student Services and the Writing Center at a four-year college exclusively for disabled students in Florida. Currently, I teach communication and public relations classes as an Assistant Professor of Communication Arts at Concord. My research program focuses on improving student satisfaction with online and distance learning experiences by maximizing interactivity.
- public relations cases,
- public relations writing,
- public speaking,
- introduction to communication,
- interpersonal communication,
- business and professional communication,
- small group communication, and