Building: Marsh Hall, Room: A200
Campus Box: Pres Office
Telephone #: 304-384-5224
E-mail Address: email@example.com
M-F, 8 - 5
- Ph.D. Business Education: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA. *Cognate: Business Management, 1997.
Dissertation: Ethical Issues in Business Communication: A Comparative Study of the Perceptions of Japanese and US Students. Committee Chair: Dr. B. J. Schmidt
- Masters of Science in Vocational Technical Education: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA. Concentration: Business Education. 1988.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Education: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
- Associate of Arts: St. Petersburg Junior College, St. Petersburg, FL
- Publication: Boggess, K.S., Islam, M., Schmidt, B.J. (2007). Hofstede’s Cross-Cultural Typology and the Ethical Values and Behavior of Japanese and US Students: an Empirical Examination using Vitell et al.’s Behavior Classifications. The Journal of Learning in Higher Education. Martin, TN: JW Press. (http://JWPress.com/JLHE/JLHE.htm )
- Publication: Boggess, K., & Browning, D. (2004). Financing the Fun: Boosting the Bottom Line in Fundraising, Business Education Forum, 59(2), 45-47.
- Publication: Kirby, M.S., Faulkner, S.L., & Boggess, K.S. (1988). A Criterion- Referenced Test Item Bank for Supervisor of Administrative Services. Blacksburg, VA.
- Publication: Kirby, M.S., Faulkner, S.L., Kuhla, K.A., & Boggess, K.S. (1988). A Catalog of Performance Objectives and Performance Guides for Nursing Assistants. Blacksburg, VA.
- Publication: Kirby, M.S., Faulkner, S.L., & Boggess, K.S. (1988). A Curriculum Guide for Supervisor of Administrative Services. Blacksburg, VA.
- The Impact of International travel upon the Integration of Entrepreneurial Skills in Student Business Organizations: A Means for Challenging, Invigorating, and Rewarding Students, Midwest Business Administration Association Academy of Management Proceedings, March 2006, Chicago.
- "Future Billionaire’s Academy: A Mercer County Schools Experience” presentation to the Annual Conference of Business, DCT, Entrepreneurship and Marketing Education teachers, November 2006, Stonewall Jackson Resort.
- Moderator, Governor Joe Manchin's Tax Modernization Project Public Hearing at Concord University, September 19, 2006.
- EBay and Social Studies: What’s the Connection? Connecting Entrepreneurship with Social Studies through EBay and Align Lessons with CSOs. Presented at the Social Studies Summer Institute, Civic Center in Charleston, WV, July 25, 2006. .
- Hofstede’s Cross-Cultural Typology and the Ethical Values and Behavior of Japanese and US Students: An Empirical Examination using Vitell et al.’s Behavior Classifications, co-author: Muhammad Islam, Concord University and B. June Schmidt, Virginia Tech University – 2006 Academic Business World Conference, Nashville, TN. June, 2006. Paper awarded a “Best Paper Award.”
- Presented: The Impact of International travel upon the Integration of Entrepreneurial Skills in Student Business Organizations: A Means for Challenging, Invigorating, and Rewarding Students, Midwest Business Administration Association Academy of Management Proceedings, March 16, 2006.
RESEARCH IN PROGRESS
- Ethical Views and Behavior among Finance Professionals (with Muhammad Islam and Ivaylo Penchev) - Public.
- Ethical Views and Behavior in the Finance Profession: A Comparison of Opinions between Business Professional and Business Faculty (with Susan Robinett and Muhammad Islam) - Public.
- Teaching Financial Ethics using Real Life Ethical Violations (with Muhammad Islam and Susan Robinett) - Public.
- Culture’s impact upon business ethics
- Strategies of effective business communications
- The impact of gender on business communication
- 2005-2008. Elected National Membership Secretary, Career and Technical Education Research Association (ACTER)
- 2002-2005 National Recording Secretary, American Vocational Education Association (Association renamed in December 2004 to Career and Technical Education Research Association - CATER).
- 2006-2008 Past President, West Virginia Business Education Association.
- 2004-2006 President, West Virginia Business Education Association.
- 2004-2006. WV ACTE Board Member by virtue of WVBEA Presidency
- 2002-2004. West Virginia Business Education Association, President-Elect
- 2000-2007. Delta Pi Epsilon, West Virginia Chapter, Secretary and Legislative Representative
- 1989-2005. Omicron Tau Theta, member at Virginia Tech
- 1989-present. Member, National Business Education Association and the Southern Business Education Association
- 2004-2005 Co-founder of Mercer County, West Virginia “Working Women Worldwide” chapter. The purpose of the group is service to professional women, particularly in providing educational, networking and travel opportunities to those joining us.
- Charter Member of the Board of Directors, Charles Mathena III Foundation, building the new Chuck Mathena III Performing Arts Center in Mercer County, WV; also involved in this organization’s community fund-raising to award scholarships to students graduating from Princeton, Pikeview, and Bluefield High Schools.
Have demonstrated accomplishments in planning and coordinating projects in both academic and small business environments.
November 1979 – present – corporate Secretary/Treasurer; administrative responsibilities, E. T. Boggess Architect, Inc., Princeton, WV 24740
- Responsible for computerized bookkeeping duties of the company.
Office Manager, Lee Scarfone and Associates, AIA, Tampa, FL 33609
- Provided office management services to international architectural firm while owner established offices in Saudi Arabia. Responsible for efficient operation of the firm which required skills in: public relations, property management, employee relations, and daily operations management. Functioned as the leasing agent for all properties and oversaw necessary renovation work in the suites. Arranged domestic and international travel.
- BEOA 220, Fundamentals of Business Communication,
- BGEN 222 - Business Productivity Software
- BEOA 414, Special Methods in the Teaching of Business Education
- MGT 305, Principles of Management
- MGT 307, Personnel Administration
- BGEN 215, Business Uses of the Internet
- BGEN 311, Management Information Systmes