You are here:  Home

Translate page:

ESL Admission

If you are interested in attending ESL only follow the following steps.

Once Concord University receives all of your required application documents an admissions representative will review your file to determine your eligibility for admission. After an admission decision is made the student applicant will be notified via email of the decision.

Complete an Online Application

Add The Domain To Your Email Safe List
This will ensure receipt of important updates from Concord throughout the admission process.

Required Documents for Admission

Please submit an official transcript in English to Concord University’s Office of Admissions. If your school or institution cannot provide you with an English transcript please consider one of the following options: ECE (Education Credential Evaluators) or WES (World Education Services). If you were only given one official transcript from your home institution, please provide a letter stating this in the application package you mail to Concord University and we will be able to return your transcript after an admission decision is made.

Secondary and Post-Secondary Transcripts
For freshman level applicants please provide your secondary transcripts in English. For those students who have attended University level courses please submit your University transcripts in English accompanied by a WES or ECE transcript Evaluation.

No High School or University Attendance
If you are living in the United States and have never attended high school or university and wish to improve your English, you should submit an application and email our International Admissions office at They will help you bypass the requirement for a transcript.

*Facsimiles, scanned and photocopied documents will not be accepted.

Documents Required to Obtain Form I-20
Form I-20 is the document that U.S. schools issue for a student to obtain an F-1 student visa. In order to obtain an I-20 a student must be offered admission and prove they can pay for one year of tuition and living expenses at their intended institution.

Financial Statement
For most students a letter or statement from a bank that lists a specific amount of liquid assets will be enough to obtain an I-20. A financial statement should list a minimum balance of $14,000 minus any scholarships or financial aid offered to a student. Financial information must be no older than 6 months because finances can drastically change. Only official original documents will be accepted. *Facsimiles, scanned and photocopied documents will not be accepted.

Affidavit of Support
An affidavit of support is required only for those students who have a financial sponsor. This sponsor can be from an American citizen, foreign embassy, business or NGO. The affidavit must be signed by the person listed as the sponsor and officially notarized and stamped as a true document. The affidavit must state the sponsor’s willingness to support $15,292 USD per academic year to the applicant and the applicant must be named. True copies are needed with notarization. Concord University does not accept facsimiles (faxes) or scanned copies of documents. We accept documents that have been officially notarized as a true document. The Affidavit of Support must list the $15,292 USD required to pay for one full year minus any scholarships or aid that Concord University has awarded.

Outline of Costs at Concord for One Year of Study
Tuition: $4,180
Housing: $3,826
Dining Hall: $3,688
Miscellaneous: $4,908
Total: $16,604

Please Submit All Of Your Documents To:
Concord University
Office of Admission
P.O. Box 1000
Athens, WV 24712

For express mail Use the following address:
Concord University
Office of Admission
1000 Vermillion
Athens, WV 24712

Last updated on Sep 3, 2015. Originally created on Dec 20, 2011. Report incorrect information.