You are here:  Home

Translate page:

International Freshman Admission

At Concord University a freshman is a student who has never taken courses past secondary school. If you have taken university courses please see the international transfer admission page. (

Follow these simple steps to apply for international freshman admission to Concord University

Once Concord University receives all of your required application documents an admissions representative will review your file to determine your eligibility for admission. After an admission decision is made the student applicant will be notified via email of the decision.

Complete an Online Application

Add The Domain To Your Email Safe List

This will ensure receipt of important updates from Concord throughout the admission process.

Required Documents for Admission

Secondary School Transcripts

Please submit an official transcript in English to Concord University’s Office of Admissions. If your school or institution cannot provide you with an English transcript please consider one of the following options: ECE (Education Credential Evaluators) or WES (World Education Services). If you were only given one official transcript from your home institution please provide a letter stating this in the application package you mail to Concord University and we will be able to return your transcript after an admission decision is offered.

Secondary School Diploma, Graduation Diploma, or National Graduation Test Results

If you have graduated from a high school or passed a national graduation test provide us with the official documents so that we can complete your admission file. If you have not yet completed secondary school your certificate of completion will be due upon your arrival to Concord.

Send Your TOEFL or IELTS Scores

A TOEFL or IELTS score is required for admission into an academic major. If a student is interested in attending English as a Second Language before their intended major we will not require the TOEFL or IELTS for admission. All students will be asked to pass one of these two exams before they are able to attend full time academic classes in their intended major. Please have your scores submitted to Concord University via the testing agency. For students coming from a U.S. high school the TOEFL or IELTS can also be waived if the student has attended two years in the U.S. with no English as a Second Language instruction.

For full admission into an academic major Concord University requires the following scores:

Paper-based TOEFL (PBT) = 500 6.0
Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) = 60  
Computer-based TOEFL (CBT) = 196  

*Facsimiles, scanned and photocopied documents will not be accepted.

Students from English speaking countries will have the TOEFL or IELTS requirement waived.  View the English speaking country list.

Send Your SAT or ACT Scores

Submission of SAT or ACT scores are required for all freshman applicants.
Please have all scores sent directly to Concord University.

SAT Code: 5120
ACT Code: 4516

Documents Required to Obtain Form I-20

Form I-20 is the document that U.S. schools issue for a student to obtain an F-1 student visa. In order to obtain an I-20 a student must be offered admission and prove they can pay for one year of tuition and living expenses at their intended institution.

Financial Statement

For most students a letter or statement from a bank that lists a specific amount of liquid assets will be enough to obtain an I-20. A financial statement should list a minimum balance of $25,756 minus any scholarships or financial aid offered to a student. Financial information must be no older than 6 months because finances can drastically change. Only official original documents will be accepted. *Facsimiles, scanned and photocopied documents will not be accepted.

Affidavit of Support

An affidavit of support is required is required only for those students who have a financial sponsor. This sponsor can be from an American citizen, foreign embassy, business or NGO. The affidavit must be signed by the person listed as the sponsor and officially notarized and stamped as a true document. The affidavit must state the sponsor’s willingness to support $25,756 USD per academic year to the applicant and the applicant must be named. True copies are needed with notarization. Concord University does not accept facsimiles (faxes) or scanned copies of documents. We accept documents that have been officially notarized as a true document. The Affidavit of Support must list the $25,756 required to pay for one full year minus any scholarships or aid that Concord University has awarded. Example Financial Statement.

Outline of Costs at Concord for One Year of Study

Tuition and Fees: $13,332
Housing: $3,828
Dining Hall: $3,688
Miscellaneous: $4,908
Total: $25,756

Please Submit All Of Your Documents To:
Concord University
Office of Admission
P.O. Box 1000
Athens, WV 24712

For express mail Use the following address:
Concord University
Office of Admission
1000 Vermillion
Athens, WV 24712

Last updated on Sep 3, 2015. Originally created on Dec 15, 2011. Report incorrect information.