You are here:  Home

Translate page:

Getting a Social Security Number

The following documents are required to get a social security number:

  1. a valid passport
  2. I-94 card
  3. I-2
  4. a completed application You will find the application (SS-5) at the social security administration web site:
  5. a letter from your international student advisor verifying your attendance at Concord University
  6. a letter from an on-campus employer on the employer’s letterhead that provides employment verification, namely:
  • Identity of student employee
  • Nature of job the student is, or will be, engaged in
  • Anticipated or actual employment start date
  • Number of hours the student is expected to work ( international students are not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week)
  • Employer identification number (EIN) Concord University’s EIN is 556000761
  • Employer contact information, including telephone number and the name of the student’s immediate supervisor
  • Original signature and signatory’s title
  • Date
Created on Nov 29, 2011. Report incorrect information.