Concord University provides four same sex residence halls, each housing between 200 and 330 resident students, and one coed residence hall housing approximately 84 students. Upon enrollment, new students are assigned to a building and will receive a roommate. Upperclass students are able to select specific buildings and roommates during an annual housing assignment process during the Spring Semester.
Wilson Hall houses 209 female residents in a traditional hall setting. Each wing of this building has a community bathroom. Wilson Hall contains a study room (with direct Internet access), television area, game room,2 kitchens, sitting parlor with baby grand piano, computer lab and two outside patios.
Wilson Hall was constructed in the same 1960-62 time as Wooddell Hall, and it has been a women's residence since being opened to students as the Women's Upperclass Hall in 1962. The building was rededicated in 1977 in honor of Ms. Damaris O. Wilson, the Dean of Women at Concord University from 1952 until her retirement in 1972.
Constructed in 1968, North and South Towers house approximately 330 residents in each building; on nine and eight floors respectively. Tower rooms are normally arranged with two beds per room and two rooms to a suite. Each suite contains a bathroom, foyer (with a sink), and a large storage room shared by all members. South Tower houses men and North Tower houses women. The two structures share a large comfortable lounge area that contains lounge furniture, pool, and ping pong tables, and a large screen television with surround sound system. Each Tower residence hall also provides smaller, more private TV lounges and study areas. Many individual study areas are equipped with sound proofing and direct Internet access.
Wooddell Hall houses approximately 200 male residents in a traditional hall setting. Each wing of this building has a community bathroom. Wooddell Hall provides a large study area and direct Internet access portals for laptop computing. The residence hall also houses a TV lounge with surround sound, a small computer lab and a kitchen.
Construction on Wooddell Hall was begun in 1960. Built in conjunction with Wilson Hall, the total construction project was set at $165 million. Originally named New Men's Hall, the building was rededicated in 1977 in honor of W.S. "Woody" Wooddell. Mr. Wooddell graduated from Concord in 1924 and was a member of the Concord faculty from 1935 until his retirement in 1966. He served as head basketball coach and assistant football coach as well as being the Dean of Men.
Sarvay Hall houses approximately 84 students in its spacious rooms set in a traditional style. Each wing of the building has a community bathroom but most student rooms contain a sink. Sarvay Hall has a large study lounge/computer lab, and an expansive front porch for visiting.
Sarvay Hall was constructed in 1935 for $184,000. Originally designed to be an annex of McComas Hall, these two women's residence halls were connected by a bridge and they shared common utility and mechanical systems. The building was named after Ms. Laura Ann Sarvay, a professor of Art at Concord University from 1920-1953. From 1924-1952, Ms. Sarvay served as the Chair of the Concord Art Department. At present, Sarvay is the oldest standing building on the Concord University campus.