Bonner Scholars Program
To apply for the Bonner scholarship, candidates must complete the application form, submit an essay discussing the impacts of his/her community service, submit a list of all his/her community service/volunteer activities and provide three (3) letters of recommendation. Reference forms are provided; however, references can also be submitted in letter form.
Incoming freshmen students must apply for the Bonner scholarship in the spring prior to their entering freshman semester. Application, including all reference forms, must be received in the Bonner Scholars Office by February 1.
To be eligible for admission to the Bonner Scholars Program, applicants must also:
- Have been approved for admission to Concord University, (includes submission of high school transcripts and test scores such as ACT, SAT and TOEFL)
- Have a FAFSA Report on file with the CU Financial Aid Office.
Applicants are encouraged to complete this process as early as possible. Any applicant whose file is incomplete will be ineligible to receive the Bonner scholarship.
Current Concord University Students
Current students are eligible to apply for the Bonner scholarship as long as they:
- have an interest in community service
- have 10 hours a week that can be devoted to service and scholarship activities
- have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- have at least 2 years of school remaining before completion of degree their requirements
- submit a completed Bonner Scholarship Application.
There is no application deadline for current students. We will accept applications at anytime. However, awards are only made at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters as we have openings in our program. Applications will remain on file in the Bonner Office until the student's eligibility has expired.