If you or someone you know is in danger, please call 911 immediately.
Suicide is the second leading cause of death among college students. Knowing the warning signs could help save a life.
- changes in the sleep patterns, such as sleeping too little or too much
- increase in the use of alcohol or drugs
- reckless behavior
- loss of interest in everyday activities
- referring to themselves as a burden to others
- talk of dying or killing themselves
- extreme mood swings
- aggressive behavior
- withdrawing or isolating themselves
Individuals often don't refer their friends to counseling or reveal their suicide threats out of fear for their relationship, but remember that their life is at stake.