"Concord University is committed to responding to the needs of students with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please inform your instructor at the beginning of the class semester if you have a disability and are requesting accommodations. It is your responsibility to self-disclose that you are requesting accommodations. The University and instructor will provide you with a reasonable accommodation. You should register with CU's Disability Services Office, located in the Athens campus Jerry and Jean Beasley Student Center, Bottom Floor, across from the Campus Post Office."
Disability Services Coordinator
504/ADA Compliance Officer
Academic Program Associate
Students with disabilities have rights granted by two civil rights laws. These laws are the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of thc Rehabilitation Act. Basically, These laws provide students with the following rights at a college or university:
- Equal access to post-secondary education.
- Appropriate and reasonable accommodations based on each student's individual disability and how it affects learning and
- The right to have information about the student's disability kept confidential.
- The responsibility to disclose your disability
- The responsibility to provide the office of disability services with adequate documentation of your disability
- The responsibility to meet with disability services coordinator at the beginning of each semester to set up appropriate accommodations
- The responsibility to meet the academic conduct standards in place at Concord University
Concord University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities. Some inportant things to know about accommodations:
- A change in how things are usually done
- May be granted to a student with a disability
- Provide students with an equal opportunity to participate in school
- Must be appropriate and effective for each individual
- Cannot fundamentally alter a program or course
- Cannot lower or change academic standards of Concord University
- Cannot cause undue burden
- Will not be provided without adequate documentation
Download the disability services pamphlet here:
|Disability Services.pdf||233.44 KB|