The Concord University Fitness Center, located in North Towers, has a variety exercise equipment to meet the needs of our campus community. Free weights, Matrix machines, treadmills, and exercise bikes are available for every kind of work out from high impact to low impact. The Fitness Center staff are always available to help anyone with their workout routine and give instruction on the proper use of the equipment and the facility. The Fitness Center is open to the entire Campus Community as well as to the Public.
Normal Hours of Operation
The Fitness Center is open:
- Sunday: 12:00 pm till 11:00 pm
- Monday through Friday: 6:00 am till 11:00 pm
- Saturday: 12:00 pm till 6:00 pm
Finals Week: Monday through Thursday: 9:00 am till 9:00 pm
Summer Hours: Monday through Friday: 9:00 am till 6:00 pm
Note – The hours listed above are subject to change. Please visit our Facebook Group “Concord University Recreation & Wellness” for the most up to date information concerning current hours, events, and delays or closings due to Inclement Weather and Holidays.
In the event of Inclement Weather Schedule, the Fitness Center will only operate if the employees for that day live on-campus. If the campus is closed, the Fitness Center will be closed for that day.
- Anyone from the campus community must show a valid campus ID and sign in with the staff prior to using the facility.
- Anyone from the outside community must fill out and sign a waiver and obtain a Fitness Center guess pass prior to using the facility. These can be obtained from the staff at the check in desk. Upon obtaining the pass, all outside community members must sign in and present the guest pass prior to using the facility.
- Appropriate athletic wear is REQUIRED. Clothing with exposed rivets, buttons, zippers and other metal parts are not permitted. (Fitness Center staff have the authority to make decisions on apparel.)
- Appropriate footwear is REQUIRED. Boots, sandals, flip flops, and open toed footwear are not permitted.
- All Matrix equipment is to be used properly. Improper use of equipment such as adding barbells to the nautilus machines is prohibited.
- Rough housing and abuse of equipment is prohibited and can result in loss of priviledge to use the Fitness Center.
- Proper hand wear is required for the heavy bag and the speed bag. No bare handed use of the bags is allowed.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring a full length towel (24”x48”) for use during their work out.
- Patrons are encouraged to clean the equipment after every use. Cleaning towels are provided by the Fitness Center Staff.
- Olympic Style lifts (cleans, snatches, and jerks) as well as any other dangerous workout procedures are prohibited.
- Possession or consumption of drugs and/or alcoholic beverages, including public intoxication is prohibited.