Student Health and Medical
Did you know that Concord students may be able to receive free health care in some instances? Here's where:
Athens Family Practice
401 Vermillion Street
- conveniently located adjacent to campus
- Services Provided:
- out-patient medical treatment
- Physician's Assistant
- and physician
- office hours 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- make an appointment when possible for prompt service.
- All students must present:
- a current validated Concord University ID
- and medical card
- current medical insurance information
- physical examinations and immunization reports prior to enrollment.
Accidents or serious illnesses that occur during hours when the Athens Medical Center is closed are referred to the emergency room at Princeton Community Hospital (approximately eight miles from campus), which provides 24-hour emergency services. All students receiving medical care from local providers must assume the responsibility of payment directly to the physician or hospital from personal funds or through their hospitalization programs.
- Princeton Community Hospital :304-487-7000
- Princeton Rescue Squad (ambulance): 304-425-3914
- In case of serious emergency: 911
Voluntary student health insurance for those who do not currently have a health insurance plan is available for Concord University students through Gallagher Koster. Students can log in to or create an account via: www.gallagherkoster.com/concord
- Enroll themselves and their dependents in the Student Health Insurance Plan
- Learn more about the Insurance Plan through the Benefit Highlight Flyer and FAQ
- Chat live with the Customer Service Team for any questions they may have
- Pay for the Student Health Insurance Plan
- Access Gallagher Koster complements such as discounts on Vision and Dental services
- Contact the claims company for all claims related questions
- Purchase standalone insurance products such as Personal Property Insurance
Students with computer access can find reliable, confidential information regarding reproductive health issues by visiting a 24- hour, fully confidential Web site sponsored by Planned Parenthood, http://plannedparenthood.org.
Did you know that Concord has an excellent fitness center right on campus for free?
- The Concord University Fitness Center is located next to the lobby in North Towers.
- It is free to all students.
- There is a variety of equipment to keep you in shape.
- The center is open in the mornings, throughout the day, and into the evenings.
More info: http://www.concord.edu/student-affairs/recreation/fitness-center
- Routine hand washing
- cover the mouth when you cough
Affordable Care Act Information
The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission (HEPC) has provided useful information to students and their families regarding recent health care changes and insurance options. Please click on the link below for useful information from the HEPC on the Affordable Care Act.
College Students and the Affordable Care Act