The Concord University Fitness Center, located in North Towers, has a variety of exercise equipment to meet the needs of our campus community. Free weights, Matrix machines, treadmills, and exercise bikes are available for every kind of work out from high impact to low impact. The Fitness Center staff is always available to help anyone with their workout routines and provide instruction on the proper use of the equipment and the facility. The Fitness Center is open to the entire Campus Community as well as to the Public.
Phone Number: 304-384-6275
Normal Hours of Operation
The Fitness Center is open:
- Sunday: 12:00 pm till 11:00 pm
- Monday through Friday: 6:00 am till 11:00 pm
- Saturday: 12:00 pm till 6:00 pm
Finals Week: Monday through Thursday: 9:00 am till 9:00 pm
Summer Hours: Monday through Friday: 9:00 am till 6:00 pm
Note – The hours listed above are subject to change. Please visit our Facebook Group '“Concord University Recreation & Wellness” for the most up to date information concerning current hours, events, and delays or closings due to Inclement Weather and Holidays.
In the event of Inclement Weather Schedule, the Fitness Center will only operate if the employees for that day live on-campus. If the campus is closed, the Fitness Center will be closed for that day.
- All minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Anyone who is not employed by the University or who is not currently enrolled at the University must fill out and sign a waiver & release of liability prior to using the track or any University recreation facilities (waivers are available in the Fitness Center located in North Towers and can also be obtained from the Track Attendant).
- Anyone from the campus community must show a valid campus ID and sign in with the staff prior to using the facility.
- Anyone from the outside community must fill out and sign a waiver and obtain a Fitness Center guess pass prior to using the facility. These can be obtained from the staff at the check in desk. Upon obtaining the pass, all outside community members must sign in and present the guest pass prior to using the facility.
- Appropriate athletic wear is REQUIRED. Clothing with exposed rivets, buttons, zippers and other metal parts are not permitted. (Fitness Center staff have the authority to make decisions on apparel.)
- Appropriate footwear is REQUIRED. Boots, sandals, flip flops, and open toed footwear are not permitted.
- All Matrix equipment is to be used properly. Improper use of equipment such as adding barbells to the nautilus machines is prohibited.
- Rough housing and abuse of equipment is prohibited and can result in loss of priviledge to use the Fitness Center.
- Proper hand wear is required for the heavy bag and the speed bag. No bare handed use of the bags is allowed.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring a full length towel (24”x48”) for use during their work out.
- Patrons are encouraged to clean the equipment after every use. Cleaning towels are provided by the Fitness Center Staff.
- Olympic Style lifts (cleans, snatches, and jerks) as well as any other dangerous workout procedures are prohibited.
- Possession or consumption of drugs and/or alcoholic beverages, including public intoxication is prohibited.
Fitness Equipment Available
- Recumbant Bikes
- Upright Bikes
- Leg Press Machine
- Seated Leg Curl Machine
- Leg Extension Machine
- Abdominal Machine
- Back Extension Machine
- Tricep Extension Machine
- Bicep Curl Machine
- Lateral Pulldown Machine
- Seated Row Machine
- Lateral Raise Machine
- Dip/Chin Assist Machine
- Rear Delt/Fly Machine
- Vertical Chest Press Machine
- Cable Crossover Machine
- Power Rack Free Weights with up to 350 lbs and chin up bar
- Dumbell area with a variety of dumbells, 5lbs to 100lbs with a variety of benchless including incline.
- Kettle Bells - Variety from 10-40lbs
- Medicine Balls - Variety - 5 to 30lbs
- Adjustable Aerobic Stepper
- Speed Bag Platform with Bag and Gloves
- Heavy Bag Platform with Bag and Gloves
- Variety of Exercise Mats
- Exercise Bands - Rubber Stretch bands used in variety of exercises
- Jump Ropes
- Floor Rollers for Abdominals and Chest