Live@Edu is Upgrading to Office 365 for Students and Alumni
Concord University will soon be upgrading students and alumni email from Live@Edu to Office 365. This upgrade does not affect faculty and staff. Office 365 has a set of powerful email, web, and collaboration tools. Microsoft Office 365 includes your favorite Office features online and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents from your phone, PC, or Mac.
We expect accounts to be upgraded sometime between June 25th and July 5th. From now until then we will keep you updated on the upgrade process via email and this page and will provide a more set date as June draws closer.
What does this mean for you?
After the upgrade you will have two separate accounts with the same user name and password that you use to access Live@edu.
- Office 365 account. This account gives you access to your school email. Up to 25GB of storage. Concord University administers this account.
- Personal Microsoft account. This personal account will give you access to all your existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. Note that Concord University no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you. You can use https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx to reset the password for your personal account after the upgrade.
What should you expect?
- Email. We will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email, but you will sign in at a different website.
- File sharing. We will use Microsoft SharePoint Online for sharing files and Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents.
- Instant messaging and online meetings. We will use Microsoft Lync Online for both instant messaging and online meetings.
- Office Web Apps. Create and edit Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft OneNote documents using your favorite web browser.
What do you need to do?
Complete the following steps:
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
- If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003, upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
- After the upgrade access your email and calendar at http://mail.office365.com
- After the upgrade sign into SkyDrive at https://skydrive.live.com.
Information And Support
- For more information about the upgrade, see the Checklist for users.
- If you have questions contact the Concord Helpdesk at 304-384-5291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.