Concord University has partnered with Microsoft to offer Office 365 to all students. Office 365 provides free email, calendar, online document editing and storage, and IM. This includes 50Gb of mail storage and 25Gb of document storage with Skydrive Pro. Your account is automatically created for you upon acceptance to Concord University and you may use your account throughout your enrollment with CU, you may keep your account indefinitely upon graduation. You may access your Office 365 account through the MyCU portal at http://mycu.concord.edu or directly at http://mail.office365.com. You may also configure Office 365 on your mobile devices using the tutorials provided below.
- Download the free eBook Microsoft Office 365: Connect and Collaborate Virtually Anywhere, Anytime
- Set up Office 365 on your Android Phone or Tablet
- Set up Office 365 on your IPhone or IPad
- Set up Office 365 on your Blackberry Device
- Set up Office 365 on your Windows Phone
Office 365 ProPlus
Available to students very soon, Concord has joined Microsoft's Student Advantage Program where currently enrolled students at CU can download and install the latest full copy of Microsoft Office for windows or mac on up to five machines as well as run the iPhone or Android editions of Office Mobile. Here is how it works:
- Students enrolled at Concord are licensed and eligible to download and use Office ProPlus for as long as they are a student at CU. If you do not return to CU (excluding summer terms) or graduate from CU your license to use Office is removed, this is per Microsoft's licensing terms. When the license is removed you will see 'Your subscription has expired' in about 24 hours and Office will enter a 'reduced functionality mode' which means you may only do basic functions like view, print and basic editing.
Note: It is important that the machines Office are installed on have internet access as Office will contact the licensing site periodically to verify your license status, if it cannot contact the site within a short period of time it will deactivate and enter 'reduced functionality mode'.
- To install Office, students login to their Office 365 account either through the MyCU portal or directly at http://mail.office365.com Important Note: If you already have Office 2013 installed on your PC you may not need to install Office ProPlus, you already have the same software ProPlus is providing you. If you have a trial version of Office or want to upgrade from an older version you have, it is highly recommended that you first uninstall all current versions of Office from your machine, restart, then proceed with the Office ProPlus installation. Uninstalling current versions of Office first will help prevent installation and usage problems with Office ProPlus.
- To Install, at the top right of the page, click Settings then click Office 365 Settings then click Software. On the Office page select a language then click Install. Office will download and install in the background. If you do not see a Settings option in your account you may be viewing the 'Light' version of Outlook Web App, Office cannot be installed from this mode, see the FAQ below for instructions on enabling normal viewing mode.
Note: Office installs the 32-bit version by default even if your computer is running a 64-bit version of Windows, this is recommended by Microsoft. You may choose the 64-bit version of Office but only do so if required by other software.
Troubleshooting Your Installation: If during the installation of Office you get a "Something went wrong..." error follow the link for more information. Or, if you get some other error, see General troubleshooting for installing Office 2013 and Office 365.
- You can install Office on up to five computers that you use. On the sixth attempt to install you will get a message that you need to deactivate a current installation before installing another, you may manage your installations from the Office > Software page.
- Office 2013 Training Tutorials can help you get started learning your new Office installation:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Office 365 ProPlus?
A: Office 365 ProPlus is a software subscription available via a partnership between Concord University and Microsoft’s Student Advantage Program to provide the full version of Microsoft Office to current students at no cost for their enrollment period.
Q: Can I get Office ProPlus?
A: Yes you can, when you enroll at Concord you are automatically assigned an Office 365 account and a license that allows you to download and use Office ProPlus on up to five of your machines, windows or mac. There are also mobile versions available.
Q: How do I download it?
A: To install Office ProPlus, login to your Office 365 account either through the MyCU portal at http://mycu.concord.edu and clicking the Email icon or directly at http://mail.office365.com. At the top right of the page click Settings then click Office 365 Settings then click Software. On the Office page select a language then click Install. Your version of OS will automatically be detected and Office will download and install in the background.
Q: What if I don't see a Settings anywhere in my account?
A: You may be using the 'Light' version of Outlook Web App. You will not be able to download Office in the light version of OWA. The light version includes fewer features, has a different layout and is used for slow connections or other accessibility issues. It's also called 'Mobile Mode' since some tablets and phones cannot display the full version of some sites. To disable light mode and return to normal mode, using a PC: Click Options then Outlook Web App Version on the left sidebar and uncheck the setting Use the light version of Outlook Web App, click Save then logoff and back on your account again, you will now be in normal mode and Settings is now available to continue the Office install.
Q: How long can I use Office ProPlus?
A: Your license permits you to use Office ProPlus as long as you remain an enrolled student at Concord University. Upon graduation your license will be removed 30 days after your date of graduation. If you do not graduate and fail to enroll for the following semester (summer is not counted) then your license will be removed 30 days after the start of classes for that semester.
Q: What happens when my license is removed?
A: When your license is removed all your installations of Office will display a ‘Your Subscription Has Expired’ message and Office will enter a reduced functionality mode. This means you may only open, print, and do basic editing of your documents. You will not lose any documents created and at this point you may purchase your own license to continue using Office or you may uninstall it.
Q: How can I get more information about Office 365 ProPlus?
A: You can visit this Support Page or you can contact the IT Helpdesk at (304) 384-5291 or email@example.com
Information And Support
- If you have questions or problems concerning your Concord Office 365 account please contact the Concord IT Helpdesk at 304-384-5291 or firstname.lastname@example.org