Concord University has completed the upgrade for students and alumni email from Live@Edu to Office 365. Microsoft Office 365 includes your favorite Office features online and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents from your phone, PC, or Mac.
What does this mean for you?
You will now have two separate accounts with the same user name and password that you used previously to access Live@edu.
- Office 365 account. This account gives you access to your school email. Up to 25GB of storage. Concord University administers this account.
- Personal Microsoft account. This personal account will give you access to all your existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. Note that Concord University no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot support or reset the password for you. You can use the Microsoft Password Support Page to reset the password for your personal account after the upgrade.
What should you expect from the upgrade?
- Email. You will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email.
- File sharing. We will use Microsoft SharePoint Online for sharing files and Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents.
- Instant messaging and online meetings. We will use Microsoft Lync Online for both instant messaging and online meetings.
- Office Web Apps. Create and edit Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft OneNote documents using your favorite web browser.
- Mobile devices. Activesync supported phones and tablets will continue to work as before. This includes android and ios devices, Blackberry users will have limited support in Office 365.
What do you need to do?
Complete the following steps:
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
- If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003, upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
- Access your email and calendar using Concord's portal at http://mycu.concord.edu or directly at http://mail.office365.com
- Sign into SkyDrive at http://skydrive.live.com.
- Download the free eBook Microsoft Office 365: Connect and Collaborate Virtually Anywhere, Anytime
- Set up Office 365 on your Android Phone or Tablet
- Set up Office 365 on your IPhone or IPad
- Set up Office 365 on your Blackberry Device
- Set up Office 365 on your Windows Phone
Information And Support
- For more information about the upgrade, see the Checklist for users.
- If you have questions contact the Concord Helpdesk at 304-384-5291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.