Welcome to the website for the Department of Health Sciences at Concord University. I invite you to take a look at the broad range of academic programs offered within the department.
- The Athletic Training Program (ATP) is recognized by the Commission on the Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)and is the only accredited ATP in southern West Virginia and southwestern Virginia.
- The Physical Education Teacher Education Program and the Health Education Teacher Education Program are both nationally accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- In conjunction with Recreation, Tourism, and Management, the department offers an area of emphasis in Sports Management.
- The Department of Health Sciences offers two minors:
- Health Promotion
- Sports Medicine
- For those seeking a graduate education, the Department of Health Sciences offers a Master of Arts (MA) in Health Promotion. The MA in Health Promotion is:
- 100% on-line. Designed to be completed in two academic years.
- Developed for those from a variety of different academic professional backgrounds.
- A program that acclimates Masters candidates to meet the health needs of our society in a variety of work settings; including community and public health agencies, worksite and health promotion programs, schools (for those currently holding a license in another field), and other health organizations such as government agencies, state departments, and nonprofit organizations.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me or any of the faculty members in our department.
David Campbell, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Health Sciences
Programs of Study