The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for admission into Student Teaching:
- Candidate must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program.
- All coursework must be successfully completed.
- All required early field experiences must be successfully completed.
- Passing scores on PRAXIS II: Subject Assessments and Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) must be attained. Written verification from ETS must be on file with the Coordinator of Clinical Experiences prior to the deadline for eligibility to student teach. The eligibility deadline is the last day of the semester prior to the semester of student teaching.
- The following GPAs must be attained:
- An overall 2.75 in all coursework attempted
- An overall 2.00 in the General Education Program
- An overall 2.75 in Professional Education Component with a grade of “C” or better in all courswork
- The required GPA in the content specialization.
*Note: Candidates not meeting application deadlines, admission criteria, and/or not attending the mandatory placement meeting will be denied student teaching and may reapply the following semester. Candidates may appeal this decision through the Director of Teacher Education.