The Department of Social Work and Sociology offers several scholarship opportunities for our students. Review the descriptions of the scholarships below. If you meet the eligibility requirements, we encourage you to apply.
For additional scholarship opportunities, visit Concord University's Scholarship webpage. Don't forget, the counselors at the Financial Aid Office are an excellent resource for information about paying for college.
Undergraduate Waiver (CCUS) Scholarship
Joseph Hatcher Scholarship
- 1 award of $1140.00 for In-State Residents ($3210.00 for Out-of-State Residents) for the academic year
- Eligibility: 3.0 GPA, non-renewable. Student cannot have another tuition specific scholarship such as Promise, HSTA, DHHR, U564, or outside scholarships designated for tuition.
Lewis E. Tierney Scholarship
- 1 award of $500.00 for the academic year
- Eligibility: Must have completed Freshman year with minimum 24 credit hours and 2.5 GPA earned, be a Mercer County resident, demonstrate financial need, non-renewable
- 1 award of $400.00 for the academic year
- Eligibility: Must have completed Freshman year with minimum 24 credit hours and 2.5 GPA earned, must demonstrate financial need, non-renewable