Evaluation Criteria for Awarding the Pathways
Application Deadline - Deadline has passed (re-opens early spring each year)
We seek to award multiple scholarships to rising or current Concord University sophomores, juniors or seniors who are performing well academically AND who are on the path to completing their degree.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, the Maier Foundation and Concord University Foundation is sponsoring 35 - $2000 scholarships to be awarded as $1000 per semester to be referred to as the Pathways Scholarships.
The scholarship applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Recipient must be a rising or current Concord University sophomore, junior or senior.
- Recipient must be a West Virginia resident.
- Recipient must have a minimum 2.0 Concord University cumulative GPA.
- Recipient must have financial need as determined by the Concord University Financial Aid Office.
- Recipient must have a completed FAFSA on file for the next academic year.
Scholarships are renewable but MUST be reapplied for each academic year. Recipients will be required to fulfill the original evaluation criteria in order to continue being awarded the Pathways Scholarship.
Unfortunately, given the limited scholarship funds available, the University and the CU Foundation are not able to support all legitimate needs through this fund. We continually strive to heighten awareness and seek financial support to expand the fund to serve our students.