To apply for the Bonner scholarship, candidates must complete the application form, submit an essay discussing the impacts of his/her community service, submit a list of all his/her community service/volunteer activities and provide three (3) letters of recommendation. Individuals submitting reference materials must use the Bonner Scholars Program Reference Form to upload documents. Please refer those individuals to this page to access the form or share with them the following link: https://apps.concord.edu/forms/view.php?id=167642.
All applications are reviewed by our Admissions Committee. The committee members include program staff, current Bonner Scholars, Admissions staff and other campus/community representatives.
CU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. We offer opportunities based on interests, individual merit, and availability without regard to race, color, age, religion, disability, gender, and national or ethnic origin.
For Incoming Freshman Students
Incoming freshman students must apply for the Bonner Scholarship in the fall prior to entering their freshman year. Applications, as well as all supporting documents and references, must be received by November 1 for consideration in our first round of scholarship awards. Applications received after November 1 will be reviewed and awards made until all available scholarships have been disbursed.
To be eligible for admission to the Bonner Scholars Program, applicants must also:
- Have been approved for admission to the University (includes submission of high school transcripts and test scores such as ACT, SAT and TOEFL)
- have a FAFSA Report on file with the CU Financial Aid Office
Applicants are encouraged to complete this process as early as possible. Any applicant whose file is incomplete will be ineligible to receive the Bonner scholarship.
For Current CU Students
Current Students are eligible to apply for the Bonner scholarship as long as they:
- have an interest in community service,
- have 10 hours a week that can be devoted to service and scholarship activities,
- have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA,
- have at least 2 years of school remaining before completion of degree requirements, and
- submit a completed Bonner Scholarship Application and provide all supporting materials (personal essay, list of service activities, and three references).
There is no application deadline for current students. We will accept applications at anytime. However, awards are only made at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters as we have openings in our program. Applications will remain on file in the Bonner Office until the student's eligibility has expired.