We are excited to welcome our new Director of Career Services, Phil Lewis!
As part of the mission of Concord University's Career Developmet Center, we are committed to assisting students and alumni with making the transition from academic pursuits to a successful career path or graduate school. The Career Development Center offers a variety of resources from initial career assessment tools to professional career preparation.
These are some of the many things we do and services we offer:
- Careers, Full-time/Part-Time Jobs, Internships, On-/Off-Campus positions, and Work Study is the place to go when you're looking for full-time or part-time jobs, a listing for an Internship, an on-campus or off-campus position, or if you're looking for Work Study offers.
- The MyMajors Assessment is an easy, non-formal, and self-paced career advising tool that helps you match your interests to a Major that CU has to offer.
- Concord Academics can help you make a choice on what degree might fit your interests.
- Plan to finish in 4 years? The Concord University College Progression lets you know where you are and what to do next.
- "What do I want to be when I grow up?" helps you figure out what you can do with your CU Undergraduate degree.
- If you feel that you need more education, this link will help you decide: "Should I go to Graduate School?"
- To help you develop a better plan, Career Development Tools offers Tips & Techniques, Supplemental Resources, Resume Samples, Interview Skills, Job Search Strategies, and Advice on Applying to Graduate School.
- Internship Applicant and Employer Internship Sponsor Information is the page for Student Internship Applicants to post their information and for interested employers to submit information about what Internships they want to offer.
- Career Services Workshops
- Career Planning Resource Section in the Library takes you to hands-on items for professional career resources.
- Career Services Events and Happenings Find out about job opportunities with On-Campus Career Fairs and Teacher Recruitment Events
Career Development Mission
Our mission is simple. We're dedicated to providing you with the tools needed to ensure your success in an internship, a job opportunity, a career, or beyond. We can't go to the interview with you and we won't be the one that gets the call when you've been hired but we CAN give you the guidance and advice to make sure your employment journey starts out right.
Things like resume writing, interview skills, workshops, job searches, and career/personaity surveys are all part of what we offer in the Career Services office. Stop by today to see how we can help you along your way!
Meet Our Staff
The staff at the CACD are committed to helping all CU students achieve success! You can reach us at 304-384-6074, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail), or by contacting one of the individual staff members listed below to book an appointment.
Director of Career Services
Director of Student Success