The Department of Social Sciences offers several scholarship opportunities for our students. Review the descriptions of the scholarships below. If you meet the eligibility requirements, we encourage you to apply.
For additional scholarship opportunities, visit Concord University's Scholarship webpage. Don't forget, the counselors at the Financial Aid Office are an excellent resource for information about paying for college.
Undergraduate Waiver (CCUS) Scholarship*
- 1 award of $1140.00 for In-State Residents ($3210.00 for Out-of-State Residents)
- Eligibility: Social Sciences major, 3.0 GPA, non-renewable. Student cannot have other tuition specific scholarship such as Promise, HSTA, DHHR, U564, or outside scholarships designated for tuition.
Joseph Hatcher Scholarship*
- 1 award of $500.00
- Eligibility: Social Sciences major, must have completed Freshman year with minimum 24 credit hours and 2.5 GPA earned, be a Mercer County resident, demonstrate financial need, non-renewable
Lewis E. Tierney Scholarship*
- 1 award of $400.00
- Eligibility: Social Sciences major, must have completed Freshman year with minimum 24 credit hours and 2.5 GPA earned, must demonstrate financial need, non-renewable
To apply for any of these scholarships, download and complete the application below. Return the completed scholarship application to the Division of Social Science (Science Building, Room 200).
* This scholarship will not be awarded in 2022.