- Completion of at least half the credits required for the baccalaureate degree (i.e. Junior or Senior standing)
- Completion of at least 10 semester credits of work in political science including at least one upper-division course
- Have a 3.0 Grade Point Average or higher in all courses in political science
- Maintenance of a 3.5 overall Grade Point Average
- Declared as a Political Science Major or Minor
Membership Process. Any student who meets the foregoing requirements will be invited to membership in Alpha Iota Chi. The Chapter Advisor, as a member of the faculty, will determine eligibility based on the students’ academic record, and all students who meet the eligibility requirements will be invited to membership.