Concord University header logo
Academics MENU
Academics > DegreeWorks FAQs

DegreeWorks FAQs

General FAQs

What is DegreeWorks?

  • DegreeWorks is a web-based tool for students to monitor their progress towards a degree program at any time. Its purpose is to complement the regularly scheduled advising times with your academic advisor.

Who has the ability to access DegreeWorks?

  • DegreeWorks is available to any admitted student through their MyCU accounts. Advisors and other authorized individuals who have a vested interest in your degree progress will have access to your DegreeWorks audit.

Can I access DegreeWorks on any computer?

  • Yes. You can access DegreeWorks and it is located under your student tab in MyCU. Anywhere you can log into your MyCU account, you will have access to DegreeWorks.

Is my information confidential?

  • Yes. The only individuals who have access to your DegreeWorks audit will be your advisor and a select group of other individuals (Registrar, Academic Dean, etc.) who are responsible with assisting you in your progress to degree completion.

Can I register for classes in DegreeWorks?

  • No. Registration will require you to meet with your advisor to get a registration PIN for web registration. You may also bring your advisor approved schedule to the Registrar’s Office (A-202) and register for classes. DegreeWorks is an audit of courses you have completed and what you need to finish your degree.

Can I save or print my audit?

  • Yes. When doing so, please be aware of FERPA regulations. This is your personal academic information, please safeguard your privacy.

Can I see a list of all the classes I’ve taken?

  • Yes. On the Audit tab, click on the Class History link at the top for a printable list of courses taken at Concord as well as transfer courses.

Can I update information in DegreeWorks?

  • You cannot update course information in DegreeWorks. If you wish to change your major, go to the Quick Access link on the main page Select the Registrar’s Office link. On the Registrar’s page select Declaration of Degree/Major (undergraduates), complete the form and submit. The Division Office of your major will contact you regarding the name of your new advisor.


Audit FAQs

What is a DegreeWorks audit?

  • A DegreeWorks audit is a comprehensive record of your academic history including transfer credits showing what you have taken, courses you are currently enrolled in, and the courses you still need to complete your degree. 

How current will my information be in DegreeWorks?

  • DegreeWorks is refreshed every night so any changes made today will be reflected the next day. If your information is not up to date it could be due to outstanding paperwork not completed or a transfer credits that have not been posted. Contact the Registrar’s Office if your audit does not reflect your transfer credits.

Are my grades visible in DegreeWorks?

  • Yes. Once grades are processed at the end of the semester, you will be able to view them in DegreeWorks.

Does DegreeWorks include my AP, CLEP and transfer work?

  • Once AP or CLEP scores are received from College Board and credit is granted they are posted to the student record and will appear. Transfer credits will also appear after the transcript is evaluated and posted to the student record.

How is my DegreeWorks audit different from my transcript?

  • Your DegreeWorks audit drops your courses into various degree requirements such as general studies, major and minor requirements. Your transcript is a chronological list of the courses you have taken by term with transfer, AP and CLEP credits listed at the beginning of the transcript.

I think the requirements for my major are wrong.

  • Look at the catalog term that appears on the major requirements block of the audit. If this is not the catalog you and your advisor have been following and you want to change your catalog year, please contact the Registrar’s Office.

I’m getting two degrees. Why can I not see the second degree?

  • You can view your second degree by using the Degree drop-down menu at the top of the screen. If you still can’t see it, please add the major in MyCU and check again in 48 hours.

If I withdraw from a course, will that appear in my audit?

  • Yes. Withdrawn courses will appear in the Not Passed block on your audit. Please be aware that withdrawn courses do not affect your grade point average.

How do I know what classes I need to take?

  • Your audit lists the courses you still need to take to complete requirements for your degree. Use the audit to discuss with your advisor your plan for degree completion. 

Why aren’t my transfer credits meeting requirements?

  • It is possible your transfer credit was determined by the Registrar’s Office to not be an equivalent course. However, your department/division is the ultimate authority in making these decisions. If your department/division chair is agreeable to using the course(s), please ask him/her to contact the Registrar’s Office with the course equivalencies.

How do I print a copy of my audit? 

  • Press the “Print” button in the upper right of the audit.


"What If" Audit FAQs

What is a What If audit?

  • This feature gives you the option to see what you would need to take if you change your major. You will need to select a selection in the “Academic Year” field. Failure to do so will result in an error message.

If I use the What If feature, will that change my major?

  • No. The “What If” function is for information purposes only. You will need to process a change of major in MyCU to actually change your major.

Can I print a “What If” scenario?

  • Yes.

Can my advisor see my “What If” scenario?

  • No. Your advisor can only see a “What If” scenario if the two of you work through the “What If” process together.



What does the cumulative calculator show?

  • The cumulative calculator option on the GPA Calc Tab will show you what minimum grade point average (GPA) you need to maintain in your remaining credits to graduate with a required or desired GPA.

What does the cumulative calculator (includes current term) show?

  • The cumulative calculator (includes current term) option on the GPA Calc tab will show an estimate of your current GPA. DegreeWorks will load your current semester’s courses and you can insert anticipated grades in these courses. You will then see a revised cumulative GPA based on your estimates.

What does the desired GPA calculator show?

  • The Desired GPA Calculator option will show various credit and grade scenarios for you to achieve your desired cumulative GPA

Is the calculated GPA guaranteed?

  • No. This is an estimate only.