MAHP Learning Goals:
1. Analyze theory, research, and practice in health behavior, health education, and health promotion in information curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
2. Identify, decide and apply appropriate theory and research into practice and instruction.
3. Identify the diverse health needs of specific populations including the state of West Virginia‘s aging population.
4. Identify those behaviors that foster health from those that are detrimental to the individual/populace health.
5. Design, develop, implement, and evaluate appropriate health interventions for specific populations.
6. Identify evidence-based practices and resources to enhance health promotion.
7. Develop advocacy skills and techniques for a variety of societal sectors and populations.
8. Develop an understanding of grant writing and the importance of external funding in health promotion.