English as a Second Language (ESL)
Concord University offers a year round ESL program, offering instruction in reading, writing, speaking and TOEFL preparation. Concord University is an official PTB TOEFL testing site, exams are available at mid-term and at the end of each semester. Once the student has achieved a score of 500 on the institutional TOEFL, the COMPASS test is given, (if applicable) and the student is eligible for a degree program.
Follow these steps to apply for international freshman admission to Concord University
- Complete an Online Application
- Submit the follow required documents for admission:
- Secondary School Transcripts: Send an official or certified copy of your transcript in English to Concord University’s Office of Admissions. If your school or institution is unable to provide you with an English translation please consider one of the following options:
- College or University Transcripts: Send an official copy of college or university transcripts, if applicable. Students applying for ESL + Bachelors degree must submit an official evaluation from ECE or WES in order to be considered for admission. An evaluation is not required if applying for ESL only.
- Explanation of Educational Gaps: For students who have large gaps in their educational history a personal statement detailing activities (work, volunteer, travel, etc) since last enrolled as a fulltime student will be required.
- Submit documents to obtain form I-20. Most international students will be required to enter the United States with an F-1 student visa. In order to issue the Form I-20 you will need to submit a Confidential Statement of Financial Support and/or supporting bank documentation indicating sufficient funding to attend Concord University for at least one year. Students enrolled in the ESL program will be issued a Language Training Form I-20, valid for two years.
- Financial Statement: Typically a letter or statement from a bank that lists a specific amount of liquid assets will be enough to obtain a Form I-20. A financial statement should list a minimum balance of $18,013 USD. Financial information must be no older than 6 months, prior to the start of program. Only official original documents will be accepted. Students must show update proof of financial funding when moving from ESL to degree seeking program.
- Copy of current passport valid for at least 6 months prior to study
ESL Program Tiers
The Concord University ESL Program offers to tiers of programs depending on student needs, all programs run a minimum of 18 hours per week. All instructors or highly qualified with masters degrees or ESL certifications. ESL students have full access to Concord University campus resources and activies (gyms, clubs, library, trips and more).
Tier 1: Students with a TOEFL score below 45 iBt or 449 pBT
Tier 2: Students with a TOEFL score above 46 iBt or 450 pBT
Outline of Costs at Concord University for One Year of Study
|Tuition and Fees||$4,650|
|Room and Board||$8,210|
|Miscellaneous Expenses (Insurance, Transport, Books, etc.)||$5,153|
Please Submit All Of Your Documents To: