Academic Success Center
How May We Help You?
Those are the words you're likely to hear when you stop by the Academic Success Center.
The Academic Success Center (ASC) at Concord University is a place for students to come for help--whether it is assistance with coursework, advising, financial aid, or another reason. We're here to help! In fact, we LOVE to help students.
Are you struggling in one -- or all -- of your courses?
The ASC has many resources to help you with your coursework, including:
- Drop-In Tutoring - we can refer you to one of the peer tutors for help with your class
- ASC Study Hall - one-on-one assistance with study skills; organized study groups; mentor program. Stop by the ASC office in the Rahall Atrium, Suite 243!
- Khan Academy - a free online resource with over 3,200 videos with instruction on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and hundreds of skills to practice at your own pace.
- SMARTHINKING - a free online tutoring program that provides tutors 24/7 for most classes
- Web Resources - There are many excellent websites to assist with your success in college.
SPRING 2018 ASC WRITING SKILLS WORKSHOPS
These workshops are designed to help students understand certain writing issues, provide them with tools to improve, and facilitate a workshop environment where students can work on their skills.
Session 1: January 23 (Tues) 4:00pm – Improving Sentences workshop w/Dr. Tina Powell—State Room January 24 (Wed.) 2:00pm – Improving Sentences workshop w/Dr. Tina Powel—AB Conf. Room Session 2: January 31 (Wed.) 2:00pm – Plagiarism workshop w/Steve Jarvis—AB Conf. Room
February 27 (Tues.) 4:00pm – Building a thesis statement workshop w/Dr. Tina Powell—State Room February 28 (Wed.) 2:00pm – Building a thesis statement workshop w/Dr. Tina Powell—AB Conf. Room
March 27 (Tues.) 4:00pm – MLA boot camp w/Dr. Tina Powell—State Room
March 28 (Wed.) 2:00pm – MLA boot camp w/Dr. Tina Powell—AB Conf. Room
April 18 (Wed.) 2:00pm – Using sources w/Dr. Tina Powell—AB Conf. Room
April 19 (Thurs.) 4:00pm – Using sources w/Dr. Tina Powell—State Room
Want to refer someone to the Academic Success Center?
Faculty, staff, parents, and students may do so by completing the online student referral form. CLICK HERE.
The Academic Success Center works with students individually to help achieve their academic, personal and career goals. We work in collaboration with each student to develop good study skills and to enhance academic success.
Meet the Staff
Office: Rahall 243A