The Academic Success Center works with students individually to help achieve their academic, personal, and career goals. We work in collaboration with each student to develop good study skills and to enhance academic success.
Beginning in August 2008, Concord established the Academic Success Center (ASC) to coordinate various campus retention efforts. Under the administrative purview of Student Affairs, the ASC is a “one-stop-shop” for students requiring support services. The ASC provides direct and referral services for tutoring, advising, financial aid, payment issues, housing, and other impediments that interfere with academic progression.
Specifically, the ASC provides the following services, either directly or through referral:
- Academic advising for freshmen with high risk factors, including undecided majors
- Coordination of the SMARTHINKING online tutoring program, piloted in 2008-09 with continued use through the present
- One-on-one and group tutoring (direct and referral)
- Coordination and evaluation of UNIV 100 First Year Experience Course and UNIV 400, Teaching Assistant course
- Coordination of the Parents Club
- Counseling and interviewing students who withdraw from the University
- Liaison services for students with Admissions, Business, Registrar, Financial Aid, and Technology Offices
- Participation/organization of early advising efforts for incoming students
- Resource for faculty/staff
- Establishment and coordination of a campus-wide Retention Committee to address retention issues