Veteran's Benefits

Click here to learn how to apply for MGIB benefits!

Concord University thanks you for your service to our country and we are committed to repaying our veterans for all their sacrifices by ensuring all veterans receive every possible opportunity to gain a valuable education. We offer several options for veteran financial aid. Additionally, we have an on-campus Veteran’s Coordinator responsible for ensuring every concern of every veteran is met. From counseling to financial needs to housing, our Veterans Office is there to assist YOU in any way possible.
Military personnel and/or their dependents are currently furthering their education at Concord University. Offering a wide range of majors and programs that can help lead to your success.

Benefits Available

Post 9/11 GI Bill
The Post-9/11 GI Bill is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill. The Post-9/11 GI Bill will become effective for training on or after August 1, 2009. Apply at

Montgomery GI Bill/Chapter 30
Active duty or non active duty - must have served in the United States Armed Forces for period of two to four years and have been HONORABLY discharged prior to returning to school.

Montgomery GI Bill/Chapter 1606
Selected reserve - must have you completed Basic Training and AIT and are now assigned to a Reserve and/or West Virginia National Guard Unit. Please submit copy of DD214 and NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility). The NOBE is available from your assigned unit.

Montgomery GI Bill Chapter 1607
Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) called or ordered to active duty in response to war or national emergency (Contingency Operation) as declared by the President or Congress. This new program makes certain reservists, who are activated for at least 90 days after September 11, 2001, either eligible for education benefits or eligible for increased benefits.

VA Vocational Rehabilitation/Chapter 31
Disabled Veterans - must make application with case worker and have disability rated. Veterans Certifying Official will receive Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Re-Entrance into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status.

Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program/Chapter 35
For dependents and spouses of 100 % disabled or deceased Veterans - must complete Form 22-5490 and submit to Department of Veterans Affairs. Once a claim is established a Certificate of Eligibility will be issued to the dependent/spouse. The student should then make an appointment to see the Veterans Certifying Official.

Work-Study Program
All students eligible for Chapter 30, 31, 35 and 1606 benefits are eligible to apply for VA Work Study.
Required forms can be found at:

Contact Information

Teresa Frey

Veterans Coordinator and Veterans Certifying Official

Fax 304-384-5990
Veterans' Lounge

Rahall 246


Department of Veterans Affairs
You may obtain information on Compensation and Pension by calling our NATIONAL TOLL-FREE NUMBER: Toll-Free (800)827-1000 • TDD (800)829-4833
Enrollment Certification Number

Direct Deposit

Questions about your VA Benefits
Toll-Free 1-888-GI BILL1 (1-888-442-4551)
Toll-Free Number Provides:

  • Information on VA education benefits 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
  • Ability to ask questions
  • Obtain information on your own benefits account if you receive Montgomery GI Bill benefits
  • Speak with an Education Case Manager Monday - Friday during normal business hours
  • Department of Veteran Affairs Website

Web Site Provides:

  • Information on VA education benefits 24 hours a day – 7 days a week
  • Ability to send an inquiry