Individual provides individual, group and family therapy for patients of the PRTF. The therapist will provides information for treatment team purposes. Participates in family meetings to aid in the integration of information.
1. Provides individual, family and group mental health and substance abuse therapy for children 4 to 8 years of age and 9 to 14 years of age utilizing DBT, CBT and following the Sanctuary Model.
2. Provides crisis intervention to patients in acute distress utilizing the sanctuary model.
3. Participates in multi-disciplinary treatment planning conferences as needed.
4. Maintains all clinical documentation in accordance with regulatory and accrediting standards.
5. Provides patient and family education and materials, as needed.
6. Documents and reports all suspected incidents of abuse and/or neglect in compliance
with current regulations.
7. Develops and implements special patient groups or program modules, including trauma informed care and sanctuary models.
8. Completes psycho-social and diagnostic assessments as needed.
9. Interviews family members and/or collateral sources for information to complete or supplement the assessment and aid in treatment planning.
10. Schedules family meetings, aftercare appointments and other contacts, as needed.
1. Meets staff development requirements.
2. Assists in orientation and training of new staff by serving as mentor, as needed.
3. Other related duties as assigned.
4. Willing to attend training in DBT, CBT, Sanctuary Models, WV-Cans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in behavioral health from an accredited University.
At least two years of experience as individual group and family therapist with children and families.
A working knowledge of DSM-V and WV-CANS
Willing to attend training in DBT,CBT, WV-CANS, and the Sanctuary Model.
Ability to read and interpret instructions, documents and follow procedures.
Ability to write routine reports and speak effectively with patients and their families,
employees, and public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables as needed.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
A behavioral health licensure preferred or the ability to obtain one through application or supervision process.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to deal with multiple types of personalities, remains calm during high stress situations.
Computer literate, working knowledge of Windows and other operating applications.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch, and smell. The employee must occasionally lift or assist a patient and be able to move up to 100 pounds. Incumbent will be expected to participate as necessary in the physical restraint of patients, have the ability to respond to rapidly escalating patient situations, and adapt to the many varied resultant physical posturings as a result of such circumstances after Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Incumbent functions in a normal building environment or community settings, requiring the ability to adapt to periodic changes in environment conditions, i.e., temperature, air quality, and noise.
Employee will be eligible for benefit packages such as retirement, medical, and vacation. Please send inquiries to Truman Long MSW LGSW at firstname.lastname@example.org.