Inside Sales Representative (Richmond, VA)
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., one of the world’s largest metals distributors is currently undergoing an exciting transformation. With over 170 years of history, Ryerson is looking forward to an exciting period of domestic and international growth. To assist with our transformation, we are seeking Inside Sales Representatives to join our Ryerson Academy located in Minneapolis, MN.
As we strive to ensure that our team is fine tuned to the demands of the industry, Ryerson Academy, our training program in Minneapolis MN, ushers our associates through a rigorous six-month training program designed to solidify their knowledge of our operation. Upon completion of the Academy, students will have the required skills to be successful in any market they may be placed.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Attendance, participation in and completion of the Ryerson Academy program for new Inside Sales Representatives
• Frequent interaction with large customer base across multiple geographic markets on contractual, transactional and fabrication business
• Responding to customers quotation requests, needs, inquiries, and complaints/concerns
• Administrative processing of customer orders (i.e. quotations and order entry)
• Sourcing for items that Ryerson does not stock and work order entry
• Generation and communication of sales leads through focused pro-active marketing efforts, primarily out-calling
• Understanding the goals and concepts of our business and incorporating business goals to achieve sales and profitability
• Working closely with territory managers, credit, inventory, warehouse operations, and other departments in the company.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.A./B.S in Business or related field
• Previous sales or customer service experience preferred
• Results focused, competitive, and self-motivated attitude
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel)
• High level of numeracy, mechanical aptitude
• Attention to detail amidst multiple priorities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating the ability to connect quickly with many different types of people
• Problem solving / conflict resolution and negotiation skills; entrepreneurial flair; understands value creation and opportunity
• Ability to work well and excel while working with a team or individually
• Ambitious with potential and desire to grow within the organization
• Geographic mobility (domestic or international)
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The position salary and benefits are $40,000+ DOQ. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401K. Please visit our company website at www.ryerson.com.
To apply go to: https://www.ryerson.com/en/Our-Company/Careers/Search-Open-Positions. Scroll to Search by Job ID and enter: 3203.