Wealth Client Specialist II (Charleston, WV)
Auto req ID: 39413BR
Posting Title: Wealth Client Specialist II-Special Accounts Servicing Group
Business: BB&T Wealth Group
Address: Charleston, WV - 300 Summers Street
Reguluar, Full-Time, 40 Hours per Week
Responsible for supporting and assisting in the coordinated delivery of a broad range of bank products and services (personal trust administration, deposit, individual retirement accounts, and irrevocable life insurance trust) to a challenging and sensitive portfolio of mass affluent clients utilizing the telephone as their primary method of client contact. Supports a wealth management team and renders an extraordinarily high level of service to wealth management clients with up to $2M in assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- As a support person for assigned relationship managers (Special Accounts Servicing Group (SASG) Personal Trust Specialist and SASG Managers) who also primarily interact with clients over the telephone, facilitate day to day transactional needs of the client base, including processing deposits, payments, distributions, transfers, account closings, or other routine transactions.
- Maintain positive working relationships with various departments and individuals who are designated to support wealth management client service efforts (investment management, trust and fiduciary services, insurance services, trust operations etc.). Be an effective advocate for wealth clients with other business units.
- Enter and maintain appropriate client records including personal trust account administration activities and preparation of court accountings. Also monitor client transactions and client data for accuracy and timeliness. Maintain appropriate documentation of client transactions.
- Respond to client requests for information and assistance within appropriate level of authority.
- Continually recognize that the Wealth Client Specialist - SASG is often the mass affluent client's window to the bank, and as such, continually render extraordinarily responsive and personal service to WM clients.
- Support the Wealth SASG team by professionally facilitating client correspondence (e.g. letters, telephone calls, and prompt and accurate delivery of messages).
- Posses a thorough knowledge of all SASG Client Specialist functions and can mentor entry level or less tenured SASG Client Specialists with less experience.
Required Skills and Competencies:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's Degree, preferably with a concentration in business, accounting, finance or banking or equivalent education and related training
- Three years of banking, investment or financial planning related client service experience
- Basic knowledge of financial planning and investment concepts and a working knowledge of personal trust administration systems
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary customer service and professional etiquette skills in terms of building rapport, credibility in person and trust over the telephone
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight