Banking Branch Banker Team Leader I (Hurricane, WV)
Community Banking Branch Banker Team Leader I
Job Location(s):Hurricane, WV
Start Date:As soon as possible
Regular, Full Time; 40 hours per week
Required Education:Associate Degree
Required Experience:3 to 20+ years
Auto req ID39516BR
Responsible for building long-term relationships with clients in-person and by phone. Work to understand client's financial needs and consultatively address by making appropriate product recommendations or referring the client to a financial partner. Manage relationships within the branch and deliver superior quality service in-person or by phone such that client needs are met on a consistent, positive basis. Support all daily operations of the branch, including timely and efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records and thorough proper handling of all monies assigned. Branch Banker Team Leaders will be responsible for leading the day to day sales and client service aspects of the branch. Team Leaders will take ownership of client service problems and ultimate resolution. Note: Branch Banker Team Leaders I and II will be generally differentiated primarily based upon branch segmentation; branches with higher segmentation score will generally require a higher need to multi-task and deal with highly complex servicing issues. Team Leader I will generally be responsible for the leadership of more than one associate within the branch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Serve as primary contact for new account openings and cross-sell other products and services to clients and prospects through proactive and reactive client contact.
- Support team sales process by acting upon or referring identified client needs to other lines of business (e.g., Retail Loan, Mortgage, Investments, Private Banking, Insurance, Small Business, Merchant Services).
- Serve as contact for client problem resolution and perform maintenance for current clients regarding deposit, credit, convenience and other products and services.
- Employ BB&T supported service processes to ensure high-level of client service by performing basic client service maintenance (e.g. account reconciliation, address changes, stop payments, account closings, transfer, processing check orders).
- Continue to grow in role and support team sales efforts by attending weekly sales, service, and product knowledge meetings.
- Adhere to internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies.
- Responsible for attending applicable training classes and completing computer-based training.
- Stay abreast of all changes in policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current guidelines.
- Perform basic teller transaction such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing money orders, cashier's checks and redeeming savings bonds. Perform more complex transactions, with assistance as necessary.
- Work with Area Operations consultants and Market Leaders for staffing needs to include goal setting, performance reviews, and ratings.
- Responsible for the origination of Retail loans.
Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree, or equivalent education and related training
- Three years of client sales and service experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a desire to interact with clients and prospects
- Ability to master personal computer (PC) keyboard and software skills necessary for branch automation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to speak fluent English
- Ability to complete Bank training required for Branch Bankers
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
- Must be SAFE (Mortgage Licensing Act) compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration and applicable NMLS background check which includes meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, credit fitness and criminal background standards. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities under time constraints