Investment Counselor (St. Albans, WV)
Company: BB&T Corporation
Job Location(s): Saint Albans, WV; St. Albans, WV
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Auto req ID 39587BR
Primary Purpose: Provide investment services to BB&T's extensive banking network of clients and prospects. Establish and maintain a strong partnership with relevant internal partners (e.g. BB&T Community Bank, BB&T Wealth), and centers of influence within assigned territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Develop and maintain profitable level of securities and insurance sales by executing on opportunities referred by BB&T Community Bank and BB&T Wealth, and proactively building and maintaining relationships with existing and potential clients of BB&T and BB&T Investment Services.
- Utilizing a consultative sales process, partner with clients to:
- Analyze current investment accounts and strategies;
- Determine and prioritize investment goals;
- Match the best investment solutions available to clients' specific needs;
- Implement investment decisions promptly and accurately;
- Review investment plans with clients on a regular basis.
- Adhere to professional and ethical standards set forth by BB&T, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and other regulatory bodies.
- Properly record transactions and inquiries, and ensure client files are correctly completed and maintained.
- Keep current on all products currently offered by BB&T Investment Services, Inc.
- Conduct branch training sessions and coaching.
- Conduct investment product educational seminars for clients and potential clients.
- Continuously represent BB&T in all client interactions and outside relationships, and view every public contact as an opportunity to sell BB&T and all of its services through appropriate referrals.
Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Banking, or equivalent education and related experience
- FINRA Series 7, 66 (63 and 65 in lieu of 66) licenses
- Applicable state life and health licenses
- Securities sales experience
- Strong communication abilities, including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to maintain and grow referral networks
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Desired Skills or Competencies:
- Banking experience
- Excellent organizational skills