Software Developer (Charleston, WV)
Company: NIC Inc.
Job Location(s): Charleston, WV
Start Date:As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full Time
Are you the family tech guy or gal? You know, the one who everyone calls when they have computer issues? You don't mind, though, because you see technology problems as challenges-and you love a good challenge. Especially if it's something you've never done before. More specifically, you take pride in researching and creating solutions that make technology better, faster, and simpler. If this sounds like you, we want you to be our Tier 3 Service Desk Developer-also known as the Chief Problem Solver. You'll put your expert troubleshooting and analysis skills to work solving the most difficult problems that come through our service desk. You'll build and maintain web-based software that truly helps people and is used every day. You will be responsible for both small projects and also help us plan larger infrastructure projects.
Who are we?
We are West Virginia Interactive, A Charleston-based subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC (Nasdaq: EGOV). We are a small, talented team of programmers, artists and project managers who manage the WV.gov state portal and build e-government web and mobile applications for our State. We take tremendous pride in improving access to West Virginia State Government for our fellow citizens and businesses.
* Understand principles of good user interface design
* Write secure code using development best practices
* Build applications for standard desktop browsers as well as mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone
* Research and implement the latest development tools and frameworks
* Are expert at troubleshooting and analyzing information
* Communicate well with peers and customers
* Are efficient, organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
* Thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
* Exhibit leadership skills
* ASP.NET 3.5 or later (C#) a plus
* Experience with SharePoint
* Knowledge of web development security best practices
* An undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems, or a related discipline is helpful, but comparable experience is also accepted.
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills
* Self-motivated and creative
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment maintaining agreed upon timelines while producing extraordinary work
* Passionate about what you do
What's in it for you?
We have a casual work environment with flexible hours and paid covered parking and Charleston user fee. We provide 100% paid, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance, company matched 401K and stock purchase plans. We offer generous personal and vacation leave. Salary is negotiable and depends on experience. We're looking for passionate, proven developers who are looking for their next challenge.