Recruiter (Washington, PA)
Opening Date: 11/20/15
Program Service Area: PA Foster Care (PAFC) and SWAN
Position Title: Recruiter
Regular Full Time
Entry Wage: $14.89
Job Location: Washington
Reports to: PA Permanency Services Supervisor
- Final determination of suitability for employment will be contingent upon a successful Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint processed in accordance with Public Law 92-522 and the Child Protective Services Law (Title 23, Pa C.S. Chapter 63) as well as The Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (CY113) and The Pennsylvania State Police Report of Criminal History (SP4-164). All three Background Checks will be required before starting employment.
- Current valid driver license – available and reliable vehicle with proof of auto insurance and ability to transport clients.
- Driver History Record
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor Degree in social work or education or related field
- 2 years child welfare experience preferred
- Foster Care and Adoption/SWAN Experience preferred
WORK WEEK: Monday thru Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm *possible extended evening/weekend hours
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Assist the Program Director in the coordination, initiation, and implementation of the Adoption Program.
- Maintain contact with Washington County Children and Youth Services and all other private providers involved with the program.
- Establish positive relationships with clients and ensure program and treatment goals are addressed and attained.
- Attend court hearings and meetings related to job duties.
- Available for 24 hour on-call rotation for emergency and crisis intervention.
- Understand and maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and professional credentialing standards for Foster Care Program. Understand and maintain compliance with agency policies.
- Maintain working knowledge of agency’s organizational structure, goals, and mission and represent same throughout community, specifically in regards to recruitment of foster parents.
- Develop and implement long range recruitment plans of foster parents, which include retention plans and responsibilities for foster parents.
- Build strong relations within the business, social service, religious, and other such organizations in the communities we serve.
- Refer appropriate candidates to Foster Care program for screening and further processing, and assist in that as directed by supervisor.
- Screening and training of foster parents and tracking paperwork which must be completed.
- Marketing and development to utilize media, public speaking, and mailings for recruitment and agency development efforts.
- Responsible for coordination of agency fundraising development events.
- Conduct CPR/First Aid Training for Foster Parents and Staff.
HOW TO APPLY:
- A CAS application MUST be submitted to be considered for employment.
- To access the downloadable CAS application on-line, visit our website at www.caswg.org and click on CAREERS. The completed application can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Action Southwest Community Action Southwest
150 West Beau Street OR 58 East Greene Street
Suite 304 Waynesburg, PA 15370
Washington, PA 15301