Regional HR Generalist (Charleston, WV)
Position: Regional HR Generalist
Job Location(s): Charleston, WV
Start Date :As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 5 to 20+ years
Requisition ID: 1208BR
Job Summary: Performs Human Resources generalist duties for employment, benefits, safety, training and employee relations for a designated region. Serves as system Administrator for one of the Human Resources systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees staffing strategies: develops and builds hiring processes for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to technical placement; streamlines and enhances staffing system, tracking reporting, and analysis; leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals; manages college relations and oversees various sourcing and internship programs.
- Review qualifications of potential internal candidates responding to job postings. Recommend internal candidates for further consideration. Participate in interview and selection process as requested. Work with manager to develop rate of pay for new hires, transfers and promotions within Shentel guidelines. Prepares offer letter for candidate. Maintains employment data for applicable agencies.
- Process new hire paperwork and on-boarding of candidates. Coordinate the drug screening, references, background check and scheduling employee for new employee corporate orientation. Retains local personnel file.
- Administer relocation programs, immigration and other responsibilities related to staffing administration.
- Prepares and responds to unemployment claims. Represent Shentel at Unemployment hearings.
- Assist in the development of human resources policies in order to satisfy legal requirements.
- Assists management in required personnel functions such as disciplinary procedures and appropriate corresponding paperwork/documentation. Reviews all involuntary terminations with Director of Human Resources.
- Communicate with employees as required in resolving conflicts and acting as a mediator in facilitating resolution.
- Stewardship of the brand to include embodiment of the Shentel Way by ensuring appropriate use of the brand (name, logo, company, appearance, and attitude) within their respective team and organization.
- Processes workers' compensation accidents reports and forwards to the insurance carrier. Participate in the risk management programs including safety and workers' compensation.
- Tracks exit interviews data to assess overall success of employment relationship and opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor and analyzes turnover to develop, recommendation and implement programs to improve employee relations.
- Investigate and prepare draft responds to applicable state and federal agencies relative to employment matters. Send response to Director of Human Resources for final review.
- Respond to day-to-day questions pertaining to benefits. Explain and distributes paperwork pertaining to FMLA and other leave of absences. Approves eligibility and tracks FMLA and leave of absence. Keeps manager apprised of leave status by preparing and distributing applicable reports
- Educate employees on applicable programs relative to Human Resources and Safety.
- Coordinate employee activities within the region.
- Assists with projects as assigned.
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining and upgrading a Human Resources System.
- Responsible for championing a Human Resources area employment, training, benefits or policy development.
- Education: Bachelor's in Human Resource Management or Business Administration is required. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience Level: Five years of experience in human resources.
- Special Requirements: PHR preferred
- Intermediate level with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- This position does not supervise anyone.
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation pertaining to employment, compensation and other related human resource functions.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of employment practices.
- Knowledge of compensation practices.
- Knowledge of company benefit plans.
- Knowledge of business practice and functions of Company business and services
- Ability to verbally communicate with others in order to coach employees and managers.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to integrate data from interviews in order to make appropriate employment decisions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple and changing priorities.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
The company reserves the right to revise or change this job description as the need arises. This job description does not constitute any written or implied contract of employment.