Web Developer (New York City, NY)
The following new job is available in the Financial Information Services Agency of the City of New York
JOB ID# 225151
COMPUTER SPECIALIST (SW), L2
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ click on Advanced Search, then scroll down to Agency, Select FINANCIAL INFORMATION SVCS, then click on Search to get the list of jobs and Select the one you want to apply to.
Job Description: The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Web Developer who will provide support of production and development environments for our city wide automated time keeping system (CITYTIME).
Primary Responsibilities include: Perform activities related to technical design, coding and unit testing of enhancements and defect corrections for the City's time keeping system CityTime. Work will require client-side programming skills, and will be responsible for building out our front-end UI. We are looking for a highly motivated individual.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, debugging, maintaining, implementing, and enhancing computer software applications, systems programming, systems analysis and design, data communication software, or database design and programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full-time satisfactory software experience as described in “1" above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
NOTE: In order to have your experience accepted as Project Leader or Major Contributor experience, you must explain in detail how your experience qualifies you as a project leader or as a major contributor. Experience in computer operations, technical support, quality assurance (QA), hardware installation, help desk, or as an end user will not be accepted for meeting the minimum qualification
Special Note: To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
• Experience with JUnit, Jsunit or Selenium testing framework.
• Assist with the resolution of performance issues for AJAX applications.
• Experience working with at least one of the following application servers: JBoss, Tomcat, preferred IBM WebSphere.
• Knowledge of Java.
• Basic knowledge of J2EE and EJBs.
• Basic knowledge in using SQL in Oracle.
• Have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
TITLE SALARY RANGE:
HIRING RATE: $ 77,157
INCUMBENT RATE: $88,730
MAXIMUM: UP TO: $90,000
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 225151. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Hours/Shift: Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.